Chapter 18- Betrayal?

My heart throbbed at the view. My eyes stinging with tears. I felt the wave of pain drowning me with its deepness. I held my tears, not allowing them to flow down my cheeks as they started collecting in my eyes. Blurring my vision. David turned around, letting go of Misty. They both had a terrified expression.

"N-no! Lox! It's not what it looks like!" David shouted from where he was sitting. Misty started tucking the hair that fell loose from her hair tie, while turning red.

That's it. I couldn't take it anymore, I ran, setting my legs free to go. I don't know where I'm going, but it felt good. It felt right. The wind blowing my hair wildly, blowing my tears down my cheeks. What a betrayer. I trusted him!

The tears came tumbling down my cheeks, stinging them too. Everything around me was a blur, mostly because of my tears. I felt sharp sticks scratch my bare skin, the pain ringing through. I heard David shout my name a couple of times, but I ignored. One day he tries kissing me and the other he betrays?

And before I knew it, I stumbled on a large tree's root, my knee bleeding like crazy as it scraped against the rough floor. The cold blood running down my leg, the joint of my knee throbbing as if I hammered it down with a nail.

Drops of rain started pouring down on me. God, this is not my day today. I know crying will not help change what happened, but letting go is good once in a while. I was still in the same position, beside the root I tripped on. The rain started washing away the blood escaping my knee. I just sat there, cradling myself. I wrapped my hands around my knees, pulling them, closer to me and then tucked my head between my arms to hide my face.

"Loxy." A whisper said my name, the thumb delicately touching my cheek whilst the rest of his fingers pulled my chin up to his eye level. David. The warmth of his fingers sending tingles throughout my body. I felt my lower lip start to tremble. "Why David? Why?" I whispered, as I began to tear up all over again, while my voice cracked. He took a deep breath in, his hazel eyes shining with golden flecks, his blond hair damp, making it look brown.

"Lox, let me expla-" he started, but I shouted; "No! I had enough! No need to explain when it's crystal clear right in front of me!". I could see the hurt in his eyes, "please Loxy! It's not what you think!" He stated back repeating his words earlier, anger burning his words, but another something in his voice I couldn't understand.

He grabbed my waist, pulling me closer to him as he kneeled, tucking my hair that covered my eyes behind my ear. Which.. got me quite. "Lox look, I would never betray you. What you saw earlier was not exactly what you think it was," his voice soft but monotone, "it's just that your sister, she scooped up some water in her hands from the caldera and started running towards you so that she could spill it on you, to wake you up but I was standing in the way, so she toppled on me." He explained, rubbing his neck at the embarrassing story.

"Lox, I promise I would never ever try to hurt your feelings, never!" He protested, pulling me into a tight hug. "Pinky promise?" I asked raising my pinky for him, "pinky promise." He replied by wrapping his pinky around mine with a childish smile. And then I jumped on to him giving him another bone-crushing hug.

A stab of pain pierced in my knee, I looked down to it, remembering how I stumbled on the tree's root. "Omg, lox?! What happened?!" David panicked and literally carried me up bridal-style. "David, it's fine. I just scraped my knee a little." I replied trying to calm him. "I'm getting you back to camp, whether you like it or not." He replied, ignoring what I just told him.

"So.. You like me?" He asked me out of nowhere, still carrying my weight, "huh? What do you mean?" I asked too fast to make it seem nonchalant. "Oh come on lox! You got jealous that's why you started running." He replied back, a smirk growing onto his face. I didn't really want to give away my affection so I kept quiet, but a tinge of Crimson still appearing on my cheeks.

I, Loxy Summers, am officially blushing.