Knight x Princess🖤

Warnings: Implied/Referenced Death, Death, Flashbacks

Princess Cookie is now a Queen Cookie in the present but still has flashbacks about Knight dying🥰😍

________________________

Princess' pov:

'It's been 15 years since Knight Cookie died, I'll never get over him.' I thought as I glanced through the window, seeing a crowd in the celebration party for my crowning as the Queen.

I've been forced to be married for the sake of the Hollyberry Kingdom, father had fallen ill and it started to get worst. Mother has retired, and there was still no sign of my long lost twin sister.

I was the only hope, and being the Queen would be hardwork, and I'm afraid on what happens in the future.

It's always been my dream to be a Queen when I was younger, but I always wanted to adventure out. That's why Knight Cookie came, right? Just to look after me.

I can still hear his voice echo through my mind but it doesn't sound right. I still can't accept that he's dead. Even if I saw him die in my arms that day.

He was trembling, crying. He knew that this was his destiny for being a Knight for me. All he had to do was to protect me, but he was always scared to die, he wished he was brave about dying. It was all just for me and my safety.

"It was my fault."

I sniffled as a tear droplet dropped onto the the floor. I was crying, I'll never get over his death. I wish I could see him once again, he was everything to me.

And I loved him.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Your highness! Please be careful.." Knight Cookie whispered as he almost stumbled over one of the large rocks.

"Oh don't worry, Knight Cookie! I'm pretty sure I saw something in here." I said stubbornly, my voice echoing inside the cave.

I rarely thought about my safety due to me being so confident and curious. Knight has always warned me, but I never listened.

And I just wished I did listen at this moment.

Both me and Knight Cookie were stunned to hear a growl echoed. It was dark, we saw red flashing eyes. And before at that moment Knight grabbed me by the hand and ran, making me clumsily follow.

As we were running, I tripped on a large rock. Making me fall and slightly hurt my ankle.

"My princess!" Knight shouted as he rushed over to me, helping me up. My clumsiness had to come in the wrong moment.

I glanced behind me, seeing the cake-like monster with a sword. I've never seen it before, it made me shock as it then began to throw a few rocks at us.

Although it had bad aim, but one of large rocks fell on my gown, thankfully it wasn't thrown onto my legs.

Knight Cookie tried to get me up but the large rock was stuck staying on my clothing. Instead, he grabbed me by the waist in a tight gripped, hearing my gown's lower fabric rip a little part of it as Knight lifted me bridal style.