Arjun's Chellama

The sun starts to dawn , birds are flying to their nest to rest , the sky become the mix of orange and red shades ,there in a new built house a man in his mid 50s is narrating a story to his 3 yrs and 5 months old granddaughter. The cute little girl is keenly listening to her grandfather by mimicking his actions now and then.

Both their actions came to halt and turns their head towards the door from where the sound came. There a man in his mid 30s entered the house with a tired face.

Seeing him the girl got off from sofa and jumped into his arms screaming "Ju paa". Hearing her his face become bright and his tired muscles turned brisk ones. That's the effect both her and her mother had on him. No matter how tiring or depressive he is , when he heard "Juneyy" or "Ju paa" from their chirpy voices everything felt light and turned simple to him.

Laughing to her scream he lifted her and twirled her making her giggle more. Placing kisses on her face he settled himself in the sofa with her near his father. His father patted him on shoulder lovingly. He said "paa" smiling to his father.

Then turned to his cute little one and asked " Darling appa va miss panningala ? " narrowing his eyes. To which she nodded her head fastly making him chuckle. "Evlo miss paninga" he asked again. She widen her hands sideways to show him how much . He hugged her ,touched her nose with his and placed a kiss on her head showing how much he missed her too.

His eyes roamed around the hall for his love but nowhere to be find. "Kannama enga unga amma ivlo satham ketum veliya varala" asked his daughter to which she showed his parents room. " Enaku dress medicineslam pack panitu iruka da " his father answered him. " Yen pa enga poringa? " he questioned. "Athu Chandana call panuna , mapla 2 days out of station so helpku vanga pa nu koopta" "amma akka veetuku poirukala athan na poi rendu naal irunthutu varalamnu kilamburen" he answered. " Pchh ... Avala inga vara solalamla 2 days thana? Arjun asked. " Ava office poganumam da leave ilayam athunalathan " his father said. " Sari pa .. na kutitu pogava ungala " "ilada Sivaangi call paniruka Selvam ku ipo vanthuruvan" " ok pa " he said.

"Sari darling thatha kooda irunga na poi ammaku help panren" he gave her to his father. His father looked him from top to toe in a teasing way and said " nee.. help pana pora ..aan " "paa" he whined making his father laugh more. "Sari sari po poi un chellama va paru, na intha kuttyma va pathukuren" saying so he winked at his son. Arjun scratched his forehead smiling sleepishly and ran away. " Namma storya continue panalama thangame" he asked his granddaughter who nodded quickly and started listening to her grandfather keenly.

Arjun entered the room silently where his wife is folding the clothes and stuffing it into the bag . He hugged her from behind but his wife continued her work without any reaction. Least he expect is a small jerk but no. Confusedly he stepped back and looked at her . His wife turned to him and broke into laughter seeing his confused face and told" You forget something Juney". Raising his eyebrow he asked "Enathu" "I can sense cats easily as they are my pet for longtime " she answered. He scratched his forehead in confusion and then it striked him. Immediately he dragged her by her waist and asked " Oi enna cat nu solriyaa di?" "Yes my very own cat as I can not only sense you but also smell you " she said pulling him by his collar to her height and kissed his cheeks tightly.
Arj : Pardaa.....Smell me? Na use panra cologne niraya per use panuvangale.
He asked with a smirk.
Siv : It's not about your perfume , it's about you man. Athu oru mathiri manly aana smell kooda ne podra cologne sernthu lively aa irukum...Only I can find that because it belongs to me only me. It become my addiction pa.
She said rubbing his nose with hers.
Arjun smiled and hugged her more tightly.

They parted away hearing horn sound that indicated them the arrival of Selvam anna.
Arj : Packing mudinjitha ma
Siv : Mudinjithu pa nenga hall ku kondu ponga na medicines matum eduthutu varen.
Arj : sari ma
Both reached hall and handed over the things to selvam anna.
Siv : Epdi iruka nna? Veetula ellarum epdi irukanga?
Sel : Nalla iruken ma . Ellarum nalla irukanga . Nethan veetukae varamatikura ..amma appa rendu perum solitae irunthanga .
She looked at Arjun and smiled but that didn't reach her eyes . He was quick enough to notice it but kept quiet.
Siv : Varen nna . Athan daily call panrenae.
Sel : Irunthalum nerla pakura mari varuma da
Siv : Varen nna . Seekram. Nenga mama va bathrama kutitu ponga..veetula vitutu enaku call panunga.
Sel : Sari ma
Siv : Anni veetu address teriyumla
Sel : Teriyum ma na pathukuren . Polama sir .
Arj.D : Polam . Neenga ponga na varen.
Sel : Sari sir
Arj.D : Sari ma na kilamburen 3 perum bathrama irunga..
Arj : Sari pa .poitu call panunga
Siv : Ama mama tablet maranthurathinga
Arj.D : Sari ma ..Abii thatha va miss panuvya
Ab : Ama thatha ..enaku yaaru story solluva.
Arj.D : Thatha pudusa story padichitu vanthu unaku soluren ok va.
Ab : Okayyy.
Abi kissed her grandpa and he reciprocate it.
Bidding bye to everyone he left for his daughter's house.