28. Devoted

Alina Danes ~

"Where'd you learn to do nails?" I asked Brennon.

"My mom." He whispered concentrating.

"Would any of you tell me about your family one day?" I whispered.

Overtime I've became aware parents are a rough topic but I was okay not knowing why and I expressed that. They offered, nervous of losing me but I don't think family history should get in the way of love sometimes.

"One day beautiful." H pulled my hand up and kissed my knuckle before going back to doing them.

I sat there for a while watching his face as he focused and finally finished them, placing them under the UV light.

I smiled at the result.

"Thank you

"Thank you. They're so pretty." I smiled at him and she laughed taking my hands and looking at them.

"I love you." He looked me dead in the eye. He almost looked teary eyed.

"I love you too." I smiled not exactly questioning it.

-

"Get dressed fancy doll we're going somewhere. Don't ask it's a surprise!" Dawson yelled.

"What's fancy to you?" I yelled.

"Like a cute dress, nothing overly sophisticated." Zayn shrugged looking up at me from the first floor.

I went to my room and looked through my closet.

I saw a long sleeve yet short white dress. It looked cute and tonight was supposed to be warm.

I straightened my hair and put chapstick on

I walked downstairs and they all were laughing and dressed in the living room.

I walked in and twirled in front of them thinking I looked awfully pretty.

"Wow darling you look indescribable." Zayn stood and grabbed my hand, spinning me slowly.

"Lovely you look so amazing." Dawson nearly choked on his words.

"Thank you." I smiled lightly.

"Stunning, you look stunning my love." Brennon stood and touched my waist gently.

"Thanks. Where are we going?" I asked.

"No questions." Dawson smiled.

We walked out into the car and I watched as it dimmed and the sun shined a beautiful gold and the sky turned pink and orange.

We parked and a blindfold covered my head.

"Follow us." Zayn said and held my hand tightly. I felt sand under my feet and heard sloshing of water. I'm not dumb.

"The beach." I smiled.

"Yes but there's more." Brennon chuckled.

I was turned and a body was against my back as the blindfold was removed.

Dark roses led a small path and there were little lights in a heart formation.

"It's so pretty." I smiled.

"It's awfully easy to please you." Dawson chuckled.

"I know." I laughed and they walked ahead of me and all stood in the small heart.

"When did you do this?" I asked.

"How long it took to do your nails." Brennon smiled.

"Wow." I looked at the endless water and the pink sky.

"Come here doll." Dawson held his hand out and I felt the wind hit my hair away from my face and my dress felt glued to my legs.

"You're so beautiful." Zayn whispered when I got there and took Dawson's hand. 

I smiled and looked down at my bare feet as my shoes were in the car.

"Alina." Brennon said and I looked up at him.

"You know we love you." He said and I nodded.

"We think you're absolutely amazing." Zayn chuckled.

"And we'd like to be with you forever." Dawson sniffled and my heart nearly sank.

They all laughed at my face and fell onto one knee.

"I-what?" I asked tears clouding my vision and confusion filling my brain.

"Alina Danes, will you stay with us forever and let us show you the unconditional love you deserve? Will you marry us?" Brennon asked and Zayn held the gorgeous ring.

"Yes. Yea I will." I nodded as Dawson squeezed my hand and put the ring on it.

I looked at it and laughed.

"I love you." I cried and Zayn picked me up before I fell. I wrapped my legs around his waist and sat taller than he stood.

"I love you with all of my soul baby." He whispered and kissed me. Tears fell down my face and I put my forehead on his.

I looked back and kissed Zayn's forehead before Brennon held me and smiled.

"Alina Briggs. How does that sound?" He asked.

"Perfect." I laughed.

"I love you." He kissed me and I pulled away looking at the sky and taking a deep breath.

I was put down and Dawson hugged me holding my head against his large chest.

"You're 18 in a month my girl. I told you that I swore no other man could make you feel this way didn't I?" He asked and I pulled away as he held my hands to his chest.

"You devoted it to me if I recall." I smiled.

"That's my baby." He kissed my forehead.