00 | conversation

00 | our little, stupid 

conversation means more 

to me than you think

5000 B.C. – The Domo

A pair of footsteps echoed through the room. The sound slowly faded out, until it stopped completely, as the silhouette halted near another, and near the window that looked out on what would be their new home. Earth.

"It's beautiful, isn't it?" the silhouette of a girl said, still taking in the features of the glowing creation that Arishem once made.

"I suppose it is." The deeper voice filled the slight silence in the conversation, making it clear to the girl that there was a young man standing next to her. While she was still captured by the beauty of the planet, he was looking at something else. Or rather, someone else.

"I'm Druig," he said, with a slight smirk, holding out his hand for her to shake.

"I'm Hestia." She turned her head towards him, shaking his hand politely. Only now did she have the time to take in his features, instead of earth's. His mesmerizing blue eyes stared right into her dark green ones.

It felt like, as if in that single moment, their souls had created a bond, an unbreakable connection, that would withstand anything thrown at them, even the heaviest of battles or the most intense altercations either had seen.

The two stayed quiet for a small while, taking in the beauty of one another. Even if it was the first time they'd met, they knew they'd find their ways back to each other.

"We'd better suit up, right?" Hestia suggested, breaking the tension with a smile brighter than anything Druig had ever seen.

The two of them walked next to each other, Hestia only being slightly smaller than the man next to her, their hands brushing occasionally. Reaching the door, Druig took a tiny step back, before taking a bow.

"Milady," he said, letting her through first, which resulted in him getting hit on the shoulder by Hestia.

"Stop with the formalities, you idiot, I'm not the queen." She laughed at him, smiling like an idiot herself.

"Never."

first chapter will be published 23-01-2022!