12 | smile

12 | even the dumb things 

he says and does, 

make me smile

2023 - The Amazon Rainforest

Hestia had left the group in the small building, to go outside for some fresh air. Even though the discussion wasn't just between her and Druig, it felt like a weird way to see each other again after 502 years. She hadn't tried to look for him, wanting a minute alone before they possibly got on the plane for the third time that day, trying to find Phastos.

Leaves and branches broke beneath somebody's feet, creating an eerie sound. Hestia didn't have to look up at the person, to know who it was. He apparently did go searching for her, seeing as she was standing in a relatively hidden spot.

"Fancy seeing you here." Druig announced, making his way over to the girl he had shared so many memories with. He stopped right next to her and exhaled.

Hestia kept her mouth shut, fearing that if she started talking, she might burst from all the different emotions she was feeling. Happy, because the two were finally reunited, sad, because he hadn't acknowledged her presence so much, and angry, still, because he had left her, had her carried away by people he had under his control.

"You got something to say?" She eventually asked, annoyance clear in her voice.

"I don't live here because this was the last place, we all lived together," Druig hesitated, "I live here, because the green of the forest reminds me of you."

"The green of the forest isn't just my favourite colour without a reason. It's my favourite colour because it's the colour of your eyes." He explained. Hestia wanted to say something, but he kept going.

"I felt the need to punish myself for leaving you, so I needed to have something near me that reminded me of you." He tilted his head to gaze at the treetops, his eyes slightly glossy.

The girl didn't know what to say, and suddenly she felt sorry for him. The only thing she did was grab his hand and intertwining it with hers. For a moment, they stayed like that, the only sound coming from the rustling leaves.

Hestia pulled the necklace from beneath her shirt with her free hand, and brought her other hand around it, still intertwined with Druig's. She could hear a small gasp escape from his lips, as he shuffled closer to inspect it.

"You're still wearing it." Druig whispered, observing the piece of jewellery he had given her on their first date in Babylon, almost 1500 years ago.

"I never took it off." Hestia said under her breath, eyeing his features and his mesmerizing eyes. She finally realised how much she had really missed him, missed the idea and the feeling of him as he cupped her cheeks in his hands.

"Can I?" He asked, wanting to kiss her like never before. He too, had missed her. He had missed her being next to him when he woke up, missed her being there to make him laugh, and most important of all, he had missed her smile. Her smile would light up the room, and it was one of the few things that would ever make him smile like an idiot. Every time he would make her laugh or smile, he would be there too, smiling like an absolute idiot.

"Yes." Hestia wasn't looking in his eyes anymore, but rather at his soft lips, the ones she had kissed every day, every morning when she woke up and every night when she went to bed.

When their lips finally met, it felt like the first kiss they shared, all over again. Druig's hands roaming her body, and hers slung around his neck, one hand tugging at his hair occasionally. They kept going until both had to physically stop because they ran out of air. Panting, they leaned their foreheads together and gazed into each others' eyes.

The girl felt conflicted. On one hand, she was immensely happy that she could finally hold him again, but when she reminded herself of what he had done to her, she felt anger rise up. She didn't know what to do, so she decided to figure that out in a later moment.

"So," Hestia breathed, "does this mean that you'll help us?" She questioned with her signature cheeky smile.

Druig groaned and threw his head back. "Was this all a plan to get me to help you? Because it worked."

"No. Well, not initially." She giggled at his childish behaviour. "I wasn't going to try and convince you without talking to you first. Seems like the talking part was mainly done by you though."

Hestia looked at him with puppy eyes and a fake pout, trying to persuade him into helping them. He merely stared at her, trying not to break out into a fit of laughter.

"Okay, okay, I'll do it. I'll help you." He snickered a little but couldn't contain his laughter after. He almost fell over, clawing at a tree to rescue himself, which was a little too late, as he fell onto the leaves. Now it was Hestia's turn to laugh at him.

"Don't laugh at me, just help me get up." Druig mumbled, rolling his eyes at the girl who was taking the piss out of him.

"Did you get too old to get up all by yourself?" Hestia mocked him. "C'mon." She grabbed him by the arm, puling him up from the ground. He stumbled a little, grabbing her waist to stabilize himself.

"Thanks." He pecked her lips, teasing her, as a revenge for her making fun of him.

"No, no, not so fast mister. You're not forgiven yet, remember that." She took a hold of his arm and dragged him back over to her. She slung her arms around his neck again and connected their lips. Soon their breathing became heavier, and they broke apart to breathe. 

AN | the horny 7,000 year-old teenagers are reunited once again