06 | glow

06 | you glow different when 

you're actually happy

575 B.C. - Babylon

Druig and Hestia walked, hand in hand. In the morning when the two woke up next to each other, he had told her to put on one of her nicest dresses and wait for him at the waterside. So that's what she did.

She was wearing her light blue dress and was waiting for him by the beautiful sea when he arrived. He had a basket in his hands, and an array of food was it in, prepared by the citizens. He told her that he had asked them to make their specialties, wanting to make the day extra special for his special girl.

So, there they walked, Druig holding a woven basket and Hestia's hand, while Hestia played with the hem of her dress with her free hand. While the two made their way to the spot Druig had deemed 'perfect' for the date, a few civilians waved to them and complemented Hestia's dress. Every time she got a complement, she would blush, and Druig would agree, making her blush even more.

The waves crashed against the shore as the two sat down on the picnic blanket that Druig had brought. Hestia was sitting between his legs, leaning back on his chest, and he rested his head on top of hers. It was their favourite way to spend time together, sitting like that, in a peaceful silence, arms around each other.

"Do you ever think about what happens after we finish our mission?" Druig asked the girl in his arms.

"Not really, I like to live in the present, rather than the future." She chuckled.

"So, you're being poetic today? I'm going to have to start taking notes on everything you say and put them all together in a book." He joked.

"Really? Would you do all of that for me?" Hestia played along.

"You know I'd do anything for you." Druig pressed a kiss to the top of her head.

"Even be civil with Ikaris?" She grinned, taking advantage of what he said.

He thought for a moment before answering. "So, you see, everyone has limits, and I don't want to associate myself with idiots. Yep." He was awkwardly trying to explain himself, but Hestia was folding over in laughter. She knew damn well that she could ask anything of him but being nice to Ikaris was something that nobody could ever get him to do.

"You wanna know what I can do instead?" Druig chimed. The girl in front of him just hummed.

"I can give you this." He put his hand in his pocket and pulled out a small necklace, holding it out to Hestia. It was a delicate piece of jewellery, with a small red stone hanging at the end of it.

"I found the stone," he said, "and it reminded me of your flames. So, I went and asked someone to put it on a necklace for me, so I could give it to you, to show how much I love you."

"Druig, it's beautiful. Can you put it on me?" Hestia held it up to him, and when he grabbed it from her, she went to brush her hair aside, so he had better access to her neck. His cold hands ran shivers down her spine, and she felt him close the clasp of the necklace. Looking down, it was hanging as if it was perfectly made for her, which, ironically, it was.

"Thank you, my love." She pecked his lips, but Druig softly placed his hands on her cheeks and pulled her back. They kissed for a while, lips moving in sync, hands roaming over the other's body and neither said anything. They were satisfied with the mere presence of one another.

"Can you promise me one thing, darling?" He questioned her after they had happily shared another few kisses.

"What is it?" She was curious to know what he wanted her to promise him.

"Take it off if you don't love me anymore. Promise me." He tilted her chin, so he was looking directly into her captivating dark green eyes, the ones he loved looking at. Her eyes showed him, that she was confused at what he had asked, her forehead creased slightly.

"Wha- "

He shut her up with a quick kiss. "Just promise me, that's all I'm asking."

Though Hestia was disoriented, she nodded her head and said, "I promise."

400 AD - Gupta Empire

The sun shone down on Sersi and Ikaris, as the newly wed couple shared their first kiss as husband and wife. The Eternals were standing together, clapping for the couple. Druig was standing behind Hestia, his head resting on her shoulder, and his arms around her waist. Keeping his arms around her waist, was one of the things he loved to do, to show people that she was his.

He didn't have to bend down to whisper in her ear. "You look beautiful, you know that?" It made her blush and chuckle. "Thank you, my love."

"How long do you think they're going to last?" Druig whispered in her ear again, but he quickly came face to face with her, as she had turned around.

"What? Who?" She questioned.

"Sersi and Ikaris." He motioned his head towards the two standing in front of the group.

"Are you serious?" Hestia looked at him with wide eyes. "You can't just ask that, not at their wedding, idiot. But for the record, I think they'll last for as long as this mission lasts."

"I think they'll last for about 1600 years." Druig added.

"That's pretty specific. Any reasoning behind it?" Hestia inquired.

"Just a feeling. How long do you think we'll last?" Druig asked the girl in front of him with a cheeky smile.

"Until the last star in the universe burns out." She said with pride.

"So forever?" The boy quizzed.

"Forever." The girl responded.

AN | how are we already so close to 500 reads?? you guys are insane <3