01 | plan

01 | If the plan doesn't work, 

change the plan, 

but never the goal

5000 B.C. - Mesopotamia

"You know what you have to do." Ajak said to the group of warriors who were ready to fight the creatures they came here for, the deviants.

Thena, Gilgamesh, Makkari, Kingo, Ikaris and Hestia, were lowered out of the Domo, floating down onto the battlefield. Ikaris was the first to jump to action, shooting his lasers out of his eyes to protect a child, who was about to be killed by a deviant. He flew after the monster, chasing it away from the shore, while the rest of the group landed safely on the ground and joined the fight.

A deviant charged over to Hestia, but the girl was quicker, forming a fireball in her hands and throwing it right at the beast's chest, making it roar and erupt in frames. She looked around her, trying to see if any civilians were in danger, or if any of the others needed any help. Makkari was running around, trying to get the Mesopotamians to safety, but one of the deviants was still chasing them.

Hestia sprinted over and ducked underneath the monster, creating fire in her hands, and burning the deviant's stomach. Gilgamesh saw it all play out and decided to give the deviant the final blow after Hestia got out from underneath its stomach.

"That was a solid punch," Hestia was impressed by the man's power, "I'm Hestia."

"I'm Gilgamesh." He said and smiled, not having much time to introduce himself as the next wave of deviants came charging towards them, making the two split up and fight on their own again. Roaring deviants and screaming civilians were all that the Eternals heard as they fought.

As Thena killed the last deviant, and Ikaris flew back to the ground, the rest of the Eternals exited the Domo on Phastos' golden rings. The civilians gathered, ready to attack them. Druig used his mind control to make them all drop their weapons and when the people regained control of their own mind, they were confused to say the least.

All the Eternals gathered, standing on the edge of the cliff, with Ajak in front, as she was the prime Eternal. She signalled to Sersi, to go up to the humans and show that they were to be trusted. Sersi walked forward with small steps, just like the boy, who had been pushed forward by his mother, until they were standing close enough.

Druig looked over at Hestia, checking to make sure she was okay. He didn't do it so subtly, the girl could feel his gaze on her, and she turned her head to look at him for the second time that day. She was still mesmerized by his face and his soft jawline, but especially by his eyes. The same could be said for Druig, he was unable to take his eyes off the girl since he first saw her. He knew that the colour of her eyes, would be his favourite colour from now on.

Hestia raised her eyebrow, as if to ask him "are you okay?" and he nodded, trying to hide his smile. He mouthed "you?" and the girl nodded back. She looked back at Sersi, who had succeeded in giving the boy his weapon back, but her thoughts didn't stay there for long. Within a few seconds, she was thinking about Druig again, trying to suppress a smile. When Hestia looked at him again, the girl could see he was doing the same.

AN | the chapters will gradually get longer! <3