13 | fears

13 | never trust your fears, 

they don't know your strength

2023 - The Amazon Rainforest

Just as they were about to kiss once more, they heard Sersi scream from far away. The two looked at each other, alarmed and ran over to the houses.

"Ikaris!" They heard Sersi scream his name out to the air. Deviants started getting down from the trees around them and one of them had gotten hold of a civilian, killing it without hesitation. "Clear the camp!" Sersi yelled.

Kingo and Sprite ran over to them, Kingo firing bolts at a deviant that was running over to Sersi. "Get behind me!" He demanded as Sprite hoisted Sersi up from the ground.

Hestia felt a tap on her shoulder and whipped her head around to see Druig pointing at a deviant that was sneaking out of the tree. "I can't do anything." She groaned at him. "If I use my powers, the whole forest will be lit within a minute!"

"You've got a point." Druig studied his surroundings and it seemed like he remembered something, grabbing Hestia's arm, and dragging her along.

"Where are we going? We can't just leave them!" Hestia cried out, glancing over her shoulder to see Kingo fighting some of the creatures, while Sprite took Sersi to a safer spot.

Hestia made a decision in a split second. She jerked her arm out of Druig's grip and sprinted over to help Kingo.

"Hestia!" Druig yelled after the girl, but she didn't react. She was too focused on the fireball that was forming between her hands. "Don't!"

"You're not the boss of me. I have to try!" She shouted.

"Focus, and aim." Hestia muttered to herself when a deviant came charging at her. "C'mon, open up big guy." The animal roared and she immediately fired, aiming for the fireball to fly right into its mouth. She had learned from the last times she had done this, and she quickly dashed towards a tree, hiding behind it as the deviant exploded.

Next to her, one of the buildings collapsed, fire burning through the roof. Hestia threw a quick glance around, before reducing the fire, until nothing was left.

"Very nice, sir." Karun praised Kingo from behind a different tree, but Kingo was not having it. "Are you mental? Hide!" He yelled at his valet.

"We need action sequences!" Karun defended, filming a deviant that was climbing out from underneath a collapsed building. At the same time, Hestia came out from behind the tree, seeing that the deviant she had tried to explode, was in fact reduced to little pieces.

"Sprite, get Karun out of here!" Kingo ordered the girl, while moving his hands around a ball or energy and firing it at the deviant emerging from the rubble.

Meanwhile, Hestia had made her way over to a deviant that was smashing a house with its tail. She motioned for the people inside to get to safety, and she tried her best to aim her fire at the moving beast. The fire hit its head, burning it, though it never seemed to die.