21 | power

21 | turn the pain 

into power

2023 - Tiamut's place of emergence

Ikaris was still holding Druig high up in the air, and Hestia flew at them with a speed she could never have imagined. She saw herself coming closer to the two, flying over Makkari and Sersi, who gazed up at her in shock.

Just as she managed to get close to Ikaris, he held Druig up and threw him down. Druig was falling head down, right at the mountains. Ikaris didn't leave it at that though. For extra measure, his eyes glowed, and lasers shot out, right at Druig, who got blown into the mountain.

"No." Hestia whispered, her fire slowly disappearing from her hands as she lowered herself to the ground. As soon as her feet hit the floor, her knees buckled, and she fell down on them. The only thing she did was stare at the spot Druig had been smashed into. Behind her, she heard Makkari scream, but Hestia kept silent, merely staring at the hole that was now visible in the floor.

In the meantime, Ikaris had flown back over to the Domo, firing lasers at it, making it split in half and fall out of the sky, aimed right at Makkari, Sersi and Hestia. It seemed like Sersi was the only one who actually noticed their home being destroyed, both Makkari and Hestia were in a trance. Hestia felt herself being whisked away by Makkari, tripping over her own feet because of the high speed, right before the Domo hit the ground.

Now standing, Hestia had a better view of the ground. The place Druig had crashed looked like a gigantic crater, and she could see how much damage Ikaris had done. Turning around, Hestia saw that Makkari had rescued Thena and Phastos from the Domo and behind Sersi, Ikaris landed.

"Druig's gone." He stated. "It's over."

"For you." Hestia strolled forward, trying to contain all the anger pent up inside her to prevent her from killing Ikaris on the spot. Instead of killing him, she was planning on making him beg for death, burning alive until he couldn't take it anymore.

In a swift motion, Hestia formed an enormous fireball, throwing it at Ikaris. Makkari took that as her sign. Right after the fireball hit the man, she sprinted over to him, throwing him into a rock on the beach, smashing him through a few for good measure. From a distance, Hestia could see Ikaris' lasers frantically trying to hit Makkari but failing.

Hestia hurried over to the two, using her fire to fly over there quicker. Ikaris tried to fire lasers at Makkari, but she was faster, pushing the man's head against the wall. Hestia was trying to catch up with Makkari, who was speeding along the mountains, keeping Ikaris locked against the walls, scraping him along them.

Behind her, she could hear the volcano explode, debris falling all around her. Her attention was diverted from Ikaris and Makkari, to the other three Eternals who were battling the falling chunks of rock.

"Shit." Hestia breathed out, deciding that helping the people she trusted was worth more than going after Ikaris, who was still being beaten up by the speedster. She flew over to them, dodging the volcanic rocks coming for her.

"Hestia!" Phastos panted. "You need to do it." He gazed over at the girl who was avoiding the debris.

"I need to do what?" Hestia questioned, walking closer to the Phastos.

"You need to stop Tiamut. You're probably the only one who can do it. If you can control the fire or the heat of the volcano, then maybe you can extinguish the life in Tiamut." Phastos explained.

"You expect me to be able to do that?" The girl asked in disbelief. Phastos' hand found its way to Hestia's shoulder, resting it there. "You managed to fly, out of pure willpower. Who says you can't do this?"

Hestia breathed out heavily, staring at the place where Tiamut would emerge in a matter of minutes. "I'll do my best." She smiled at the man next to her. "Keep Ikaris off my back, because I won't be responsible for my own actions if he gets too close."

After that, Hestia ran off, making her way up to the volcano as fast as she could manage. The closer she got, the hotter the air around her became, but she paid no mind to it. Heat had never had much effect on her, though when she neared the crater, she noticed the heat was slowing her down and making her tired.

The girl turned around for a second, gazing at her fellow Eternals who were fighting Ikaris. Makkari was on the ground, holding her shoulder, indicating that she had been hit by Ikaris' lasers. Phastos threw things at him, although Hestia had no idea what they exactly were, they seemed to do the job. Ikaris was slammed onto the ground. Thena ran over to him, jumping up and slashing a big rock, that Ikaris was standing in front of, with her sword.

From afar, Hestia could see everything, including the deviant that had emerged from the water, making its way over to the fighting immortals. She wanted to scream, warn them for the incoming danger. She quickly realised that if she would, the deviant could hear her too and might come for her instead. Reluctantly, she turned her body to the volcano again, and started climbing her way up, hopping over little rivers of lava that had started to form.

"Hestia." She heard someone say from behind her, the voice strong and immensely powerful. It made her stop in her tracks.

There she stood, atop a big stack of rocks, like the leader she always was and will be. Hestia moved closer to the edge, careful not to fall forward into the burning lava.

"Ajak?"