05 | you

05 | if I could have

anyone in the world, 

it would still be you

575 B.C. - Babylon

Sprite's illusions had been lighting up the room and leaving the partygoers impressed. Hestia was sitting at a table in the corner, together with Makkari. The two had grown closer over the years.

"So, when are you going to tell him?" Makkari signed.

"Tell who? And what do I need to tell?" Hestia looked at her, tilting her head. She was clearly confused.

"I've seen you staring at Druig all night and whenever you look away, the roles reverse. It's as if you guys can't stop staring at each other." She smiled at her friend.

"You've got to be kidding me, right? I don't have anything to tell him and vice versa. We've been friends for centuries!" Hestia groaned, not wanting to have this discussion again. She had heard from multiple Eternals, that they thought that one of the two should pluck up the courage and ask the other out, but she never took their advice. Druig and her had been friends for as long as she could remember, and that didn't need to change, she didn't want to see their friendship get ruined.

"And besides, I don't like him as more than a friend. I'm sure he feels the same way." She sighed, desperately wanting to drop the subject.

"Whatever you say, sister." Makkari signed back, not believing a single word the girl had said.

Neither girl had noticed that while they were talking, Druig had made his way over to them from the other side of the party. He stopped right behind both of them and leaned down.

"What are you two talking about?" He inquired, a light smirk present on his face.

Hestia turned her head to meet his gaze, not expecting him to appear right when they were talking about him. "Oh, nothing important."

"Oh, so I'm nothing important now? Didn't expect that one." Druig's smirk became even more prominent, while Hestia's face changed into a face of shock. She hadn't anticipated that the boy had been listening in on their conversation. Now she was caught red-handed.

Makkari looked from Druig to Hestia and signed a quick "I'm going to let you two do your thing," before speeding off.

Meanwhile, Hestia had started to blush, thinking about how she could talk her way out of the situation. Suddenly, Druig grabbed her wrist, pulling her through the crowd and to the gate, where he pulled her into a small room, away from everyone else. He closed the door behind them, and the sounds of the party were drowned out

She saw this as her chance to sweettalk her way out of here. "So, why were you eavesdropping?" She said as she tilted her chin upwards, looking directly into his eyes. Druig mirrored her.

"I wasn't. Why were you talking about me?"

"I wasn't." Hestia retorted.

"Oh yeah?" Druig questioned, walking closer to her in an excruciatingly slow pace, his signature smirk plastered on his face again. "You don't like me as more than a friend?" He had reached her by now, lifting his hand up to her face and brushing her hair back, tucking it behind her ear. His eyes met hers, his blue ones staring into her green ones, like they had done all those centuries ago, the first time they met.

Hestia was stunned, she couldn't move. Only her eyes had stared into his with a burning passion. She knew her eyes couldn't hide her lies anymore, as soon as somebody took control of her eyes like Druig did, she became an open book, even for someone who did not have the power of mind reading.

"Do you actually think I only see you as a friend, beautiful, beautiful Hestia?" He leaned even closer to her, resting their foreheads together, never breaking eye contact. "Would a friend do this?"

He dipped his head down and pressed his lips against her soft ones, moving one hand on her jaw and the other moved down to grab her waist and pull her closer to him. Hestia put her hands on Druig's chest, moving her lips in sync with his. She felt him smile into the kiss, and she did the same.

"So, would a friend do that?" Druig asked breathlessly.

"No..." Hestia said, unsure what he was going to do next.

"Well, it's a shame I'm only a friend then." He turned around and walked back over to the door, though before he could open it, Hestia grabbed his wrist and pulled him back. He stood there for a moment, waiting what she would do. Then he turned back to face her.

"Yes, friend?" He raised his eyebrow.

Just at the mention of the word friend, she could feel jealousy burning inside of her. The idea of him being just a friend, and being able to go out with others, didn't sit right with her, so she took control.

Hestia pulled him in by wrapping her arms around his neck and their lips met for the second time that night. She could feel Druig's hands finding their way to her waist, and he rested them there, occasionally drawing her a little closer.

After a while, both were out of breath, and leaned their heads against each other, not wanting to let go completely yet.

"I don't want you to be my friend." Hestia breathed out heavily, feeling like she was on cloud 9.

"That's good, because I don't want you to be the beautiful Hestia." Druig pecked her lips. "I want you to be my beautiful Hestia."

AN | I love this chapter with my whole heart i s2g