20 | fire

20 | some women fear the fire, 

some women simply become it

2023 - Tiamut's place of emergence

The Domo had flown over to the place Makkari had found, where Tiamut would most likely emerge. Everyone heard it when something hard landed on top of the ship. They knew it was Ikaris, without a doubt. Something on the ship exploded and Thena and Hestia went to find where exactly Ikaris had entered the Domo.

Thena and Hestia found him staring at Arishem's statue and the two entered the room.

"Where's Druig?" Ikaris demanded. Thena had pushed herself off from the wall, walking over to him with Hestia behind her.

"He's busy." Hestia responded, not at all fearing the man. She strutted past Thena, letting fire grow in her hands to show that she wasn't backing down.

"Hestia. Play nice." The man warned her, he too, strolling closer to the duo. Thena had conjured her sword, the cosmic energy that it was composed of, glowing brightly together with Hestia's fire.

Thena had whipped her sword at Ikaris, who caught it with ease. Hestia waited for a moment, watching the scene between the two play out.

"I've never had to fight you before." Ikaris stated, not breaking eye contact with the goddess of war.

"But I've always wanted to." Thena remarked, seeing Ikaris' eyes widen at her comment.

She quickly changed the form of her sword, giving it spikes right where Ikaris was holding it, making him release the sword immediately. When he did so, Thena swung the weapon right at him again. The other weapon she was holding was swinging at Ikaris with deadly precision.

Hestia stayed close, ready to interfere if Thena needed any help or if Ikaris decided to make a nasty blow. She watched as Thena kicked Ikaris and as he flew over to the other end of the room. His eyes powered up, glowing gold, and the warrior threw up her shield.

The other woman saw this as a perfect opportunity. She created her own shield, hoping her fire would protect her if Ikaris decided to fire at her too. Deeply breathing in, she ran over to Ikaris, not wanting to waste another second hesitating. Ikaris, however, realised what she was planning, and he switched from attacking Thena, to Hestia.

The lasers pushed Hestia back and she grunted, trying not to slip away. She looked over at Thena and mouthed "go!" at her, gesturing at Ikaris.

She stormed over to him, slashing his thigh. He dropped down, recovering quickly as Hestia started throwing smaller fireballs at high speed, trying insanely hard not to hit Thena in the process. Thena swung her swords at Ikaris again and the two fought for a while. They were too close together for Hestia to safely throw any fire at him, so she just stood there, waiting for the right time.

Ikaris threw Thena into the wall, flying up so he could pin her to it. She had retracted her swords from her hands, practically leaving her defenceless. Hestia tried to fire a fireball at them, but Ikaris glanced back at her, the lasers in his eyes destroying her only chance at getting him to back off.

Suddenly, a gold harness began to glow around both Hestia and Thena. Only Hestia rose from the ground though, seeing as Thena was already being pinned to a wall about two metres high. Hestia heard the woman laugh lowly, knowing that their plan was close to succeeding.

Ikaris released her, flying back, and seeing Thena being connected through the roof of the Domo. It seemed like the man had realised what exactly was happening to both women and he flew back out, through the hole he had entered in.

The Uni-Mind was connecting the five Eternals, the golden arches all leading back to Druig, who was absorbing all their power. Hestia couldn't see what was happening outside of the spaceship, but she knew as soon as the golden bond between the immortals broke, that something was wrong.

Hestia dropped to the ground and started to worry what had caused the Uni-Mind to fail. Running over to the window, she saw that Ikaris had directed his lasers at Druig, making him collapse. Anger took Hestia over and she created a fireball, firing it at the window, making it explode. She walked back over to Arishem's statue, exhaling through her mouth, and preparing herself for what she was about to do.

She broke out into a sprint. "Hestia!" Thena yelled at her. "You can't!" That made the girl run ever faster.

"I'll die anyway." She screamed back before jumping out of the window. The cold air made her freeze up for a moment, but as soon as she felt herself falling, she held her hands under her. She had practised flying with Ikaris before and she could only hover, though that would not be enough this time.

She generated as much fire at once as she could, feeling the warmth on her hands. The water of the ocean was coming closer and closer, the floor nearing. In that moment she realised that even if she would manage to fly, she would also have to hold enough power to get to the shore without crashing down into the water.

Hestia started panicking and falling faster and faster, the fire in her hands not being enough to keep her from doing so.

"Shit, shit, shit." She exclaimed, looking down at her hands. She shook them, trying her hardest to fly. Hestia could remember exactly what it felt like, hovering above the ground back in Babylon when Ikaris had taught her. She closed her eyes for a second, recalling every detail about that moment, but nothing helped. Hestia was still plummeting down to her death.

"Ikaris!" Hestia cried out as loud as she could, trying to get the man's attention and divert it from Druig, but to no avail.

"Okay, I'm going to die now." Hestia felt like giving up right there and then. She gazed over at Makkari, Sersi, Druig and Ikaris, seeing as Ikaris grabbed Druig by his neck and flew up, into the sky.

At that moment, Hestia knew what and who she was fighting for. When she was falling to the sea, she forgot why she had jumped out of the Domo, but as soon as she saw what Ikaris was doing to Druig, she saw her purpose. Anger coursed through her body, through her veins and she felt her fire grow brighter than it ever did before.

Hestia noticed she was slowing down, gaining control. Her fire burned in her palms, though it never hurt her. Her fall turned into a flight rather quickly and when she knew that she wasn't falling anymore, she positioned her hands slightly behind her, pushing herself forward through the air, right at Ikaris.

AN | yes, I know, this is a really early update

anyway, my new sim almost burned to death but her fear-of-commitment-fiancé came to save her and after she gave birth to their demon offspring, he called off the engagement left her to live with 'the roomies'