03 | happiness

03 | happiness looks gorgeous

on you

575 B.C. - Babylon

A fireball formed in Hestia's hand as she ran over to a deviant. Luckily for her, the deviant was already running right at her, mouth open as if it was going to rip her head off. She directed the fireball right at its open mouth, making it explode inside the deviant. Pieces of the blown-up deviant and its blood flew everywhere, completely covering Hestia.

"You didn't say it would do that!" Hestia screamed at Thena, who shrugged and laughed at her. Hestia pouted and tried to shrug off some of the remainders that stuck to her suit, but it didn't seem to work.

She gave up when she saw a deviant running into a group of people. Quickly, she made another fireball, and sent it flying towards the deviant. It fell onto one of the tents and the fireball caused the tent to light on fire.

"Hey! That one was mine!" Kingo complained from next to her. "Oh! Never mind." He saw another deviant, perfect for him to kill. Hestia laughed and looked around to see if there were any deviants left for her, but it seemed like the fight for today was finished.

Although, it seemed like Hestia didn't look well enough. A deviant came charging at her from behind and just before it reached her, she heard Ikaris scream from the sky.

"Hestia! Behind you!"

She turned around, only to be stabbed in the chest by one of the deviant's tentacles. Another one stabbed her in the gut, but she wasn't giving up so fast. While the deviant was focused on keeping the tentacles in her chest and gut, she was forming a small fire between her hands. She had just enough strength to kick the deviant in the head. It flew back slightly and that bought Hestia enough time. She used the fire in her hands to burn the tentacles off, and she fell to the ground. She tried to create another fireball, but the creature was already making its way back over to where she lay.

Right before it could get to her, Ikaris flew down and destroyed the deviant with his lasers. Hestia let out a breath she didn't know she had been holding, and let herself fall back on the ground, closing her eyes. She heard footsteps approach her and somebody knelt over her body.

"Hestia? Are you alright?" Ikaris asked from above. She opened her eyes again and looked into his blue ones. They were different from Druig's. Ikaris' eyes looked like they were tired, and full of something, something that he wanted to say, but has just carried around as a secret instead. Druig's eyes had something much warmer to them, they were inviting, and they looked as if they solely focussed on her whenever they talked.

"Hey, Hestia." Ikaris waved a hand in front of her eyes. "Hello? Can you hear me?"

"Nope. Can't hear you." She groaned, trying to get up. Her stomach hurt immensely, and she saw that the tentacle was still there. Grabbing it, she pulled it out, doing the same thing with the one that impaled her chest.

"Phew, that's better." Hestia said before laying down on the ground again. Ikaris just stared at her with wide eyes.

"Why did you pull them out?" Ikaris yelled at her. "Now you're going to bleed out, idiot!"

"Well, I'm not going to leave someone's hands sticking out me, am I?" Hestia yelled back in the same tone. "Just let me get to Ajak, because apparently, she's the only useful one around here."

"You can't even stay upright. How are you going to get to her?" Ikaris asked, clearly not in favour of letting the girl get there on her own.

"That seems like my problem," The girl hoisted herself up, "not yours." Looking at him with a pointed look on her face, she stood up on her legs, holding her stomach in pain.

"It's going to take ages like that." Ikaris told her before putting one hand on the small of her back, the other under her knees and pulling her up.

"Hey! I said I could do it myself!" Hestia exclaimed, annoyed with the man.

"Yes, but you and I both know that that was a lie." That was the last thing he said before taking off, with her cradled in his arms.

He landed them safely in front of Ajak, who rushed over to the girl, healing her wounds. At the same time, Druig came running over. He had seen Ikaris flying with a body in his arms, and was alarmed by the sight, fearing that it might be Hestia in his arms. He had never been one to deal with jealousy well, especially not when someone got hurt in the process.

"Ikaris." Druig announced his presence, lightly shoving him out of the way to get to Hestia. "The beautiful, beautiful Hestia, what happened to you?" He asked her while inspecting the wounds that were being healed. He had a concerned look on his face, still not liking the fact that Ikaris was the one to bring her in.

"It's no big deal, one of the deviants stabbed me with its tentacles," Hestia said while Druig brushed a few stray hairs from her face and tucked them behind her ear, "one tentacle in my chest and one in my stomach, but I burned them from its body, so I guess the beast is worse off."

"You've going to have to start being more careful, okay?" He folded his arms over each other, trying to look like he was lecturing her, but neither could keep a serious face. Together, they burst out laughing.

"Ouch, I should stop laughing, my stomach still hurts." Hestia managed to say, still laughing through the pain.

Ajak patted the girl on the back. "You're all healed, though it might still hurt, considering the tentacles went straight through you." She smiled and motioned for her to go with Druig, knowing the girl would be in good hands with him.