~Rules~ N.R Pt.1

(Y/N)s chest heaved with anticipation as she allowed Natasha to tug her down the hallway towards the elevator and up to her room.

She couldn't believe she was doing this, she couldn't believe she'd told the Russian how she'd felt! It felt as if a weight had been lifted off her chest at the confession.

She'd been in the Avengers for 2 years and had managed to keep her sexuality a secret. In all honesty she was terrified what would happen when they found out so she thought it was safest to like guys. She followed a set of rules she'd made for herself when she was 16 and stuck with them.

Here were the rules:

1. Be polite and always smile when a man is talking to you

2. If a man asks you on a date, you must say yes

3. Go on 3 dates with said man before turning him down, in case you finally liked one of them

4. Don't look at attractive women for more than 5 seconds

5. Never be alone with an attractive woman!

6. If your thoughts ever wondered, punishment may be implemented

Now you may be wondering, 'what's up with the rules?' And I'll tell you what's up. When (Y/N) tried to talk to her friend about liking girls they had the complete opposite reaction of what she hoped for which only ended in her getting bullied and beat up for the next three months.

Three months of absolute torture and hell until she came up with the rules. Rules which kept her safe as she went grovelling back to her 'friends' and told them it was a joke.

Since then she refused to even entertain the idea of ever liking another girl and forced herself to date men that not only was she not attracted to, but just about repulsed by.

Natasha closing the door behind them startled her from her thoughts and caused the girl to jump, Nat releasing her hand in shock as she watched the nervous girl pull her arms into her chest.

"Are you alright, dorogoy?" Natasha asked, tilting her head slightly as she talked to her in her calming voice.

(Y/N)'s eyes scanned Natashas room, she'd never seen it before, it was nice. She thought it would be dark like her normal attire but instead it was light. A plant sat on her dresser with a piece of paper and how to keep it alive next to it, no doubt from Yelena. A pile of books in the corner of her room next to her bedside which held a photo of her and Yelena as kids. And finally her bed, with a white, soft looking comforter with a few pillows piled onto it.

"I-I can't be here, I shouldn't have-, I need to go!" She announced in a panic. Her room was nice, too nice. It felt warm and comforting and smelt of apple and cinnamon. It felt like a warm hug, like home. She couldn't be here anymore and as her mind raced her eyes landed on the door behind Natasha, tears building in her (Y/E/C) eyes.

"I need to leave!" She told Nat, pushing past the startled Russian as she grabbed the door handle as she trying to push the door open, a broken sob leaving her mouth as it wouldn't.

"(Y/N)..." Nat whispered, pulling her gently away from the door and into her arms. At first, (Y/N) fought against her hold, shoving the assassins chest and struggling against her but as more sobs left her mouth and her shoves got weaker she let herself fall into Natashas arms.

Nats eyes watered at the girl in her arms but she kept her face stoic as she tightened her hold and comforted the girl, rubbing a hand up and down her back to help calm her. "What's wrong, Detka? What made my khoroshaya devochka so upset, hmm?" Nat asked softly against the side of her head.