10

Yeji pov

For some reason I have the urge to go the café again today. I want to see if Ryujin is going to be there. I'm still curious what Mr. Shin has to do with her though.

"Where are you going?" My brother stops me while I was talking to the car.

"Why do you care?" I ask.

"I can't ask my sister where she's going? You rarely leave this place and suddenly you become Alpha, you're out of reached most of the time" he questions me.

"I'm going to the café" I say.

"Why? Dad used to go to that café a lot. What's there?" He gives me a look that I can't quite understand.

"There's a girl there that dad wants to protect because she was adopted by a witch and a warlock. He thinks she might be in danger" I answer half true.

"Damn. I was hoping it's because you found your mate" He chuckles.

"I haven't even thought about my mate. I've so focused on this girl" I huff out.

"Sheesh. Don't tell your mate that when you find him" he smirks.

"I will kill you, Hyunjin! Stop saying my mate will be a he. How weird would that be?" I say punching him.

"Ow ow! Alpha, stop" he begs.

"Damn right. I'm your Alpha" I say before getting into the car.

I see that the café is busy again so that means Ryujin is at work today and the witch didn't kill her.

I enter the shop and again, a few customers look at me probably admiring my features.

I look for Ryujin and when our eyes meet, I notice a panic look on her face. She shakes it off right away probably thinking I didn't notice but I notice everything.

"You, me, in the back right now" I demand.

She hesitates at first but she follows anyways. I smirk knowing she followed my command.

"How are you feeling?" I ask, surprising myself. Not what I expected myself to say to her. Like I care how she feels.

"I'm fine. I'm busy, is there anything you need?" She sounds irritated. What the hell is her problem?

"There's something different about you today" I give her a questioning look, "something is off with your presence."

I notice her body stiffen by my remark. She must know that I'm a werewolf or at least know I'm not fully a human.

"W–what do you mean?" She stutters.

"I don't know. I can't pinpoint it but compare to our first meeting, something is off?" I say.

"Maybe because you're nicer this time around? You were quite rude during our first meeting. Kindness makes a difference sometimes" she rolls her eyes at me.

"Did you just roll your eyes at me?" I scoff.

"So what if I did?" She says as she starts walking away.

I grab her arm, "Where do you think you're going? We're not done" I growled.

"Ow! You're hurting my arm! Let go!" She yells as she pulls her arm from my grip.

I feel myself snap, I let her go then I wrap my right hand around her neck and lift her up, "You don't ever walk away from me! You go when I tell you to!"

She starts slapping my arm probably trying to get me to let go but I'm blinded by my anger at the moment.

"Ms. Hwang! Let go of her! You're going to kill her!" The short girl, I think her name is Chaeyoung tries to tackle me but she just kind of bounces off me.

But that's enough for me to realize I'm choking Ryujin. I drop her and she collapses on the floor, choking. Her two friends try to help her right away. I step back while staring at my hand that choked her. What just happened? If she really is human, did I just try to kill a human?

I don't bother to look at Ryujin and I run out of there as fast I can. I quickly get in the car and tell my driver to take me home.

I hear Lucy whimpering.

'What's wrong?' I ask her.

'I don't know. I just feel sad and hurt' she says to me.

I don't know how to comfort my wolf at the moment. Especially, since I don't know why she suddenly feels sad.

Once we arrive back at the pack house, I run to my office so I don't talk to anyone but I quickly send a mindlink to Minju and Jisu to come to my office.

I wait for a few minutes pacing around my office until my two bestfriends show up.

"Woah, what's wrong? You look horrible" Jisu tells me.

"Now is not the time. I did something bad like really bad" I say.

"How bad could it be?" Minju asks.

"I may have choked Ryujin" I say as fast as I can but since they're also werewolves, they understand it no problem.

"What do you mean you MAY have choked Ryujin? Did you or did you not?" Jisu says flaring her nostrils.

"I did. I also probably left a bruise on her arm. She tried to walk away from me when our conversation wasn't finish yet" I reason out.

"Yeji, you could have killed her. She's a human. We protect humans. We follow the footsteps of our ancestors" Minju reminds me.

"I know. I just snapped" I sigh.

"That's not an excuse. Is she okay though?" Jisu asks and scrunch my face.

"I kind of ran away instead of checking on her but her friends was there so I'm sure she's okay" I try to sound positive.

"You're stronger than a normal human. You could have snapped her neck and killed her instantly. If your dad finds out about this, i don't know what's going to happen. You know how much he's trying to protect her" Jisu says to me.

"For the first time in my life, I feel guilty" I sit on my chair behind my desk.

"I think you should stop going there for a while. I'll check up on her from now on and report to you" Jisu suggests.

I look at her to see if she has ulterior motives but I can't tell so I have no choice but to agree.