28

Ryujin pov

Flashback

"When you meet with your boss and his daughter, do not trust them completely. Not until they can prove, they would actually help you. They might introduce you your father, do not trust him at all, no matter what" my dad says.

"Why? Should I trust my father the most?"

"No. He's hiding something and you need to find out what it is" my dad informs me.

"Mr. Hwang's daughter is my mate" I say surprising me.

"Would she hurt if she knows I'm her mate?" I ask.

"I don't know. You have to know about her and see if she's trustworthy or not" my mom says.

-------

I remember my conversation with my parents before they agreed to let me leave. I can't trust my father but why?

'Jo, is his voice the one you heard?' I ask.

'No. It's weird. I thought I would feel a connection with him but he's not the voice' she says.

I sit on my bed thinking about what I need to do, how can I trust the Hwangs. I suddenly feel lightheaded and my vision becomes blurry. I stand up to go to the bathroom but I fall on the ground from being dizzy. My head starts hurting so I try to grab the bed to help myself stand up but my hand just goes through.

"No" I whisper. I can't be doing this right now. If anyone walks in, they'll find out what I am. I start crying because I don't know what to do.

'Ryujin, calm down. Stop thinking about your father. You're getting yourself worked up. You're losing control of yourself' Jo says.

I try my best to stop thinking about him but I'm so curious about him. I start punching my leg and slapping my face to distract myself. It's working a bit but I panic when I hear the door open.

I look up and I see Lia. She runs to me and helps me up to get on the bed. I took a deep breath once I realize that she was able to touch me.

"What happened?" She ask looking at my face closely. She puts her hand on my cheek when we hear the door open again and this time it's Yeji. Does no one knock in this pack?

Lia stands up looking scared and I look at Yeji to see she looks angry. Her face softens when she sees me and sits next to me.

"What happened?" She ask but I didn't say anything. I just want to hug her so that's what I did.

She tells me that it's gonna be okay and that she's here. She then tells me that her uncle from the protectors is coming to visit.

Did she betray me? Did she tell him that I'm here? My emotions are running wild. I try to attack her but she easily pin me down on the bed.

"Let go of me" I growl. I hid it fairly well on the outside but inside I feel like the baddest. I can growl.

She yells at me to listen then explains how she didn't know he was coming. How they're not gonna hurt and they will protect. I need to stay in my room.

I calm down trusting her words. I ask her to let me go and she did. She's about ready to leave but she ask about meeting a sister of mine. I agree because I'm curious too. Is she like her father?