27

Yeji pov

I watch Ryujin and her dad interact. I expected it to be some sort of heartwarming moment but it went the complete opposite. Mr. Shin is acting suspicious too especially when the wizard topic was brought up.

I start thinking about how the witches put a curse on him not to talk about Ryujin. If they were trying to protect her from all the werewolves, wouldn't have they put a curse on my dad and myself? There must be another reason why they did that to him. If they know Ryujin's mom then they should know about him.

I think about what Ryujin said how he wasn't there when her mom was attacked. Where was he? The witches has to be close with her mom that they're willing to take Ryujin to protect her but why don't they trust her father?

Ryujin needs to tell me what she's thinking but I don't think she trust me that much either and I didn't make it any better by hurting her.

I watch Ryujin walk to where Mr. Shin is sitting and grabs his collar, "You could have help prevent her death if you listened to her!"

The sight surprises me, I've never seen Ryujin that aggressive.

"R–ryujin, are your eyes always golden like color? And why is it glowing?" He says stammering.

Right, Ryujin does have amber eyes even in her human form.

Ryujin takes off leaving us completely stunned. I look at Mr. Shin thinking he would be sad that their first meeting didn't turn out very well but his face shows no emotions while staring at the door.

My dad approaches him, "I'm sorry about that."

Mr. Shin shakes his head and smiles at my dad, "It's okay. She didn't grow up with me. She must be hurt that I wasn't there." He stands up and fixes his jacket, "I should go. But Yuna wants to meet her sister, is it okay if she stops by in the near future?"

"Of course" I smile at him. He leaves and I was about to go check on Ryujin when my dad stops me.

"Yes dad?" I ask.

"I didn't tell you this yet but my brother is coming here so we need to hide Ryujin. Luckily, none of the werewolves can sense she's one of us so we just need to hide her in her room" he says.

"Why is he coming all of a sudden?" I ask.

"I'm not sure. We haven't spoken since that incident with Ryujin's mom but we have to be prepared just in case."

"When is he coming so we can prepare."

"In an hour. Go to Ryujin and explain to her the situation so she doesn't try to go out. Have Jisu watch her too" my dad orders.

I frown when he mentions Jisu, "Why does it have to be Jisu?"

"Yes because she seems most comfortable with her" he says making me feel a slight ache in my heart.

"Also don't think I didn't that you broke her hand" he stares with disappointed.

"What's wrong with you? This is the second time you've hurt her" he says.

"I don't know either. I want to protect her but it's looking like she needs protection from me instead" I sigh.

"Tell her how you feel. Clearly you have feelings for her" my dad tells me.

"How do you know?" I widen my eyes.

"You can't hide the jealous look on your face when she's with Jisu" he laughs.

"Even if I say it, I don't think much will happen. She doesn't trust us. She's with us because she feels she has no choice" I say.

"Up to you but go talk to her about staying in her room" my dad says before leaving.

I run to Ryujin's room while giving orders through my mindlink to get guards ready in case there's an attack tonight.

I open the door to see something that made me want to kill my own bestfriend. Jisu is holding Ryujin's cheek with their faces close to each other. It almost look like they were about to kiss.

They see me and Jisu stands up right away. I look at Ryujin and she looks like she's been crying. She looks so sad and in pain. I forget about Jisu and I sit next to her holding her hand.

"What happened?" I ask because I'm actually concern.

She didn't say anything but she just hugs me. I hug her back but still confuse with whats going on.

'What happened?' I mindlink Jisu.

'I'm not sure either. I came to check on her and I heard her crying and screaming. I came in and she was punching herself' she explains.

"It's gonna be okay. I'm here" I say to Ryujin.

My wolf suddenly feels sad and calm at the same time. Is it because I'm holding Ryujin? Why does Ryujin affect my mate so much? I would know if she's my mate.

"I'm gonna tell you something but don't panic okay?" I tell Ryujin. She still didn't say anything so I take it as a sign that I can continue.

"My uncle, the leader of protectors, is coming."

She pushes me away and the look on her eyes shows she feel betrayed.

She tries to attack me but since she's technically a new wolf, she wasn't strong enough. I pin her down on her bed with her arms above her head.

"Let go of me!" She releases a growl. That was the first time I've heard her growl.

"Listen to me! We're not giving you to him. He came out of nowhere with wanting to visit. I've actually never met the man myself. I'm here to tell you to hide in your room until he leaves. I promise you, we're not here to hurt you. I won't let anyone hurt you" I say.

She calm down a bit and she looks at me. This is the first I've seen her amber eyes up close. "Can you let go of me now?" She says.

I get off her and I help her sit up. "He won't know you're here. Since no one can sense your wolf for some reason" I say.

"Oh and your sister I guess wants to meet you. Is that okay?" I mention forgetting about it earlier.

"Yes that's fine but don't let my father come see me without asking me first. Please" she request which I find odd she doesn't want to see him but I nod anyways.

I leave her room without Jisu.

'Touch her again and I'll kill you' I mindlink to Jisu.

'Yes Alpha but you have to say that to Ryujin too because I can't always stop her' she says.

'Figure out a way how. I don't care what you do but don't touch her!'

I make my way to the guards room to see how things are going.

'When my uncle arrives, our only goal is to protect Ryujin' I told the pack members.