59

Ryujin pov

I'm in the pack hospital to see Karina and Winter. I'm standing outside their door, suddenly contemplating if I should go in or not. Even though they said that the wizards would have attacked anyways whether if I have this power or not, I still feel bad for everything that's happening. I start having some thoughts that maybe I can go to the wizards by myself and try to convince them to stop but I might put Yeji in danger by doing that. I'm sure she would follow and try to save me.

"Why are standing out here?" Yeji finally catches up to me.

"Oh nothing" I smile at her and knock on the door.

'Don't do anything stupid' Jo says as I enter the room.

'I never do anything stupid, Jo. Everything I do has a purpose' I scoff.

'You do more pointless things than you think' she retorts back.

'And thats their purpose. To be pointless' I say thinking I've won this conversation.

'Sharing a body with you is so... it's never boring' she chuckles.

'Because we're the two bestfriends that anybody could have' I start to singing to her.

'But also embarrassing' she adds teasing me.

'It's only embarrassing if you don't own it. You have to own it. Flaunt it. Embrace it' I give her advice.

'Own me, flaunt me, embrace me' I add.

'No thank you. I'll pass' she chuckles then shuts me out.

Rude, I thought but I love my wolf.

Yeji closes the door behind us and there's a weird tension in the room when I see Karina. Winter smiles at and I smile back at her.

"You!" Karina stands up from her bed, "This is all your fault!" She charges at me, tackles me down and sits on top of me as she punches me on the face.

"My parents are dead because of you! I'll kill   you!" She yells as I feel my nose break.

Yeji pulls her off me and throws her on the ground. Winter runs to her mate to help her. "I'm sorry. She's really angry" Winter apologizes while hold Karina who's now crying.

"That doesn't give her the right to hit my mate" Yeji growls.

"It's okay, Yeji" I say while holding my broke nose.

I could have used any of my abilities to stop her but I didn't because I know she's angry and she's looking for someone to blame.

"It's not okay!" Yeji loudly yells while checking my face.

"I'm okay" I smile at her.

"We know it's not her fault. Karina is going through a lot right now" Winter says while helping Karina go back to her bed.

Once everyone has settled down, Yeji updates the two with all the information we know. Yeji emphasizes the fact that this attack still would have happened with or without me.

"How evil can they be to do that? Were not doing anything to them? What's the point of being the only supernatural being that's alive? Vampires and werewolves don't even try to bother them" Karina says clearly frustrated.