53

Yeji pov

Last night's dinner was pretty good. I got to know Ryujin more and she's actually pretty great. I'm going to try to live as normally as I can with her.

I'm in bed with her next to me, we decided to share a room now. There's no point of sleeping apart. She's cuddling me right now while I have my arm wrapped around her. She's so cute the way she scrunches her nose in her sleep with her light snoring.

"I can finally appreciate you as my mate. I'm sorry I focused on the protectors more than you" I whisper.

"It's okay. It happens she suddenly say startling me.

"You've been awake this whole time?" I question.

"No. I woke up just a few minutes ago but I wanted to enjoy this" she scoots closer to me if that's even possible to be any closer.

She wraps her one leg on me. "What are we doing today?" She asks.

"Well what do you wanna do?" I ask instead.

"Lay in bed and watch tv" she answers.

"What? Thats it? Really?" I try to look at her.

"Yes. I want one day to be normal again for me. Who knows when will be the next time, if ever, I'll get to just relax" she look up to me.

"Okay then thats what we will do. We're just gonna relax and enjoy today" I smile at her.

"Thanks" she says then went back to resting her head on my chest.

We stay in bed longer and I can sense she feels troubled by something.

"What's wrong?" I ask.

"For the first time, I actually feel genuinely scared" she sighs.

"What do you mean?"

"Now that you're actually seeing me as your mate, it feels nice. I wish we get to be like this all the time and not have to worry about my possible impending doom" she sadly chuckles.

"Once everything is done, we will do this all the time. Just you and me" I say to her.

She sits up, confusing me so I sit up as well. She turns her body to face me. "You wanna see me naked?" I widen my eyes and choke on my spit when I heard what she said.

"What?"

"It's just other people have already seen me naked and its not fair that my mate hasn't" she says like it's not a big deal.

I chuckle while shaking my head, "It's funny how you're more open with this naked thing and you grew up as a human while I'm not as comfortable and I grew up as a werewolf so I should be used to this naked thing."

"We could be like the hulk so our clothes are made out of special materials to cover ourselves when we shift because honestly, it's such a waste of a good outfit. But then again it would be weird to see a werewolf running around with clothes on. Their tails would be constraint and it would be just be weird" she rambles but this time I actually listen. It's kind of cute how she just says whatever it is that's on her mind.

'See, I knew you would like her if you just accepted her instead of judging her for not taking her situation seriously' Lucy chimes in.

'I get it. You're right. It's not completely my fault. Her parents hid her and then she hid herself' I try to defend myself.

'But you're the one who refuses to accept her. You say you do but you didn't' she argues.