Chapter 3

Third POV

"What the hell happened?" Tony asked Harley.

"Well, the dick was trash talking Spider-Man." Harley exclaimed. Tony looked at him with disbelief.

"What? That doesn't make since. He-"

"He works on his suit! I know!" Harley interrupted him. Tony looked at him for a good long minute.

"What caused him to leave?" Tony asked.

"I—" Harley stopped myself, "It wasn't me! He got so frustrated that I was defending Spider-Man that he left." Tony gave him the 'I don't believe you' look and sat down the food.

"FRIDAY, tell Happy to bring the car around the back."

"Where are you going?" Harley asked.

"To make sure he doesn't do anything stupid."

—————

There was a knock on the door and Peter had a feeling he knew exactly who it was.

"Don't answer it, May." May gave Peter a weird look before she went to open the door. Peter just went to his room and closed the door. If he could get even a sliver of a minute to himself, that would be great.

A few minutes later, there was a knock on his door. He took in a deep breath and opened it up. He went right back to his chair and started working on his web shooters.

"Hey, kid. I wanted to talk to you about what happened yesterday before you ran off." Tony spoke in a calm voice.

"What? So you can lecture me about what I did wrong? Don't worry, I kinda got that." Tony felt his chest clench at Peter's words. He could hear the pain in the kid's voice.

"No. I came to tell you how proud I was of you." Peter finally looked up at Tony with tears in his eyes as he purses his lips.

"I couldn't save her." He said, his voice shattering.

"Hey. Sometimes, we can't save everyone." Tony took a deep breath in, "I shouldn't have lived." Peter snapped his head up at that.

"No. Don't you ever say that."

"It's true though, Kid. I should have died on that field." Tony smiled, "But then I saw you and I remembered why I did it in the first place. I remembered why I had to live."

"W-what?"

"You are the reason I helped bring everyone back." Tony said. "Now, stop making me get all sappy and come on."

"If it's okay with you, I'm gonna spend some time to myself. I've been so stressed out, I think I need it." Peter insisted.

"Okay. Just know, that you are important to me too." Tony smiled and patted Peter on the back.

"Hey, Mr. Stark?"

"Yeah?"

"Thank you." Tony smiled at that.

"This is so sweet!" May said from behind the closed door.