Chapter 16

Peter's POV

  I swooped down to come face to face with Hammer. This was the perfect thing to get my mind off Harley. A good distraction.

"How did you get out?" I asked him in a deeper voice than my own. He smirked at me.

"Oh come on, Spidey. I just want some fun with Anthony. Where is he?" He smiled. I didn't like the way he was looking at me. My spidey sense was off the charts. He was saying he was looking for Stark, but he seemed... pleased to see me.

"Tony isn't coming." I said as I stood my ground. Something was about to happen. I could feel it.

"Tony? You call him Tony. Guess I was right to say you two were close." He chuckled. Suddenly, as if it was something I couldn't control, I turned my head quickly to see a drone with Hammer written on the side fall to the ground. I turn back to Hammer just to have something sprayed straight into my face.

I suddenly started to feel... weird. The world started to spin and I caught myself before I fell. I started to back up as I saw Hammer stalking towards me. I tried to sense his next move but nothing. I had nothing. In fact, I could barely hear anything and my legs felt like jelly. 

"W-What did you do?" I croaked out, trying to keep my balance.

I saw Hammer bring up his fist and I was caught off guard since my Spidey Sense did not register it. I brought up my hand just for it to be twisted back far enough that I heard a crack. I was weak. I could barely even hold a pathetic fist. Next thing I knew, my head was flung back and all I could feel was a stinging pain running throughout my face. I fell to the ground, because I couldn't keep myself up anymore. Hammer pulled me up by my neck just so I could see his shit eating grin. He pulled me toward him as he whispered in my ear.

"Sorry, kid. I need to get Stark's attention somehow." Suddenly I felt stabbing pain on my abdomen. He let go of me and fell straight to the ground. I heard gasps and yelling. All I could see was red. I looked down to see blood everywhere and could faintly smell that metallic smell that comes with blood. Then I looked up to see Hammer up in the air with my blood surrounding his entire body. Wait, was that my blood? It looked like my blood. Except it was... waving?

I laid my head back against the cool concrete. I looked up at the sky. I saw a flock of birds fly overhead. I know what it's like to fly. To soar. To feel the wind blow through your hair. To be free. Is this what it is like to feel completely free? No worries, no hurting. Just bliss. Would Ben be happy to see me? Would my parents?

Rhodey and Sam were standing above me with worried faces. Or were they? I couldn't get a grasp on what was real.

  My eyes felt heavy. I tried closing them, but "Rhodey" ordered me to keep them open. I felt as if I was floating in the air with more red surrounding me. I focused on the sky.

For what felt like hours, I kept zoning in and out. One second I felt as if I was floating in the air and then the next I felt like I was on a bed that was rolling. I turned my head to the side to see a familiar looking A on the wall and Dr. Cho and Banner running towards me. I was on a rolling bed. I looked back up to see Wanda, the rim of her eyes were red and swollen.

I never processed the situation until now.

I was dying.

Harley's POV

As soon as FRIDAY told us Peter had made it to the lobby, I snapped out of my daze and looked at Tony, who had Pepper at his side. When did she get there?

I ignored it and dashed for the elevator. I headed straight for the medbay, ignoring FRIDAY's warnings.

I bursted through the elevator to see a wall of glass separating me for the med bay and found Peter being rolled into the room on a rolling bed, leaving a trail of blood on the floor. Steve, Sam, Dr. Cho, and Dr. Banner were rushing him to the already set up station. I tried to open the glass door to get into the room with Peter.