Chapter 15

Harley's POV

It hurt. Probably more than it should have.

He ran off because he felt uncomfortable. He ran off because he doesn't like you the way you like him. You ruined probably everything. The only actual friend you have.

I kept my distance and decided against texting him last night after he ran off. He looked pretty worried and it seemed like it was urgent, but still, the timing of everything made me question it.

I threw on a black ripped sweatshirt and dark gray skinny jeans. Might have been a little over the top and dramatic, but I could care less.

I didn't bother to fix my hair, like normal, and made my way to the elevator.

"Hey! How did last night go?" I heard Tony ask me from the kitchen.

"I don't want to talk about it." I grumbled as I quickly made my way to the elevator.

"Hey! Wait!" I could hear him shuffling his feet towards me. I sighed as I turned around to look at him.

"What?" I snapped, a little too harshly.

"What's wrong?" Tony seemed really worried, it kind of resembled Peter last night. I debated telling him. I just realized that I haven't had a chance to tell Tony about how I feel. He looked at me with a raised eyebrow, waiting.

I sighed, defeated, "Peter and I almost kissed." Tony's eyes widened almost twice their size. "But then he bailed. He seemed to not even acknowledge that I tried to kiss him."

"So... you like Peter?" He said after a few seconds of silence. I nodded.

"He clearly doesn't feel the same way." I scoffed.

"I don't know." He said and I looked at him confused. He gave me a shrug, "You should just ask him why he left. He will tell you."

I shook my head, "It is weird. I have been getting this feeling that he keeps lying about things. You know probably better than anyone. He starts to stammer and He bites his lip, which is very cute by the way, as if he is trying to think of a lie off the top of his head."

I looked over to Tony after I finished and he looked very uncomfortable. "And there you go too." I said. He looked like he wanted to say something, but he decided against it.

"Okay, well. I'm going to school."

"First you are going to pick up Peter?" He seemed to be making a statement at the same time he was questioning.

"I'm going to school." I turned my back to him and walked into the elevator.

I made my way to the car and I felt this weird urge I hadn't felt in years; I wanted to cry. I needed to cry. I took in a few deep breaths, trying to calm down.

I wouldn't cry for him. I wouldn't cry for a guy I met 2 months ago and hated him at the beginning. I wouldn't cry for probably the nicest, most caring guy in the world.

It dawned on me: this was more than just a stupid crush. I really really liked him.

Peter Parker broke my heart. And the worst part, he probably didn't even realize it.

As soon as I calmed down, I cranked the car and made my way to the school.

I walked through the school doors and to my locker. When I got there, Peter was already waiting for me.

"Hey. Did you forget to pick me up or something?" He said in a joking voice which made me even angrier for some reason. I ignored him as I got my books.