Roller Rink

hi, here's nearly 2,000 words, sorry for disappearing lmao

And thank you for 1k 🤑

italic paragraphs are George's thoughts

CW: eating

Previously...

"Actually, I think I might just go to bed, nevermind." Oh, I hope I didn't make him uncomfortable. "Thank you though, see you later." George waves goodbye, heading up to my– our– room.

It'll all be fine, they're both just exhausted from traveling. Tomorrow will be better.

Dream's P.O.V.

I wake up slowly, shuffling a little underneath the sheets. It feels warmer than usual, which is slightly confusing, but I'm too sleepy to figure out the cause.

Well, until I feel pressure against my shoulder, small hands grabbing my bicep. I open my eyes, staring at a still-asleep George cuddling into my side. His body is curled up, both his hands wrapped around my arm with a loose grip.

I just stare at him for a minute, completely mesmerized. His hair was tousled and messy, his expression calm and peaceful. Honestly, he looked like an angel.

But I really needed to get up, I couldn't sit here and watch George sleep all morning. That's weird and creepy.

Carefully, I unwrap myself from George, trying to sneak away. I'm almost all the way out of bed when George stirs in his sleep.

"Mhm... Dream?" He mumbles, curling his hands into fists. I freeze, watching him grip onto the ruffled blanket and pull it into his chest. He doesn't seem to be awake, so I leave the room as quietly as possible.

I head to the kitchen, seeing Sapnap sitting at the counter on his phone. He glances up when I walk in, giving me a nod of acknowledgment.

"Hey Sap, you're up early," I comment, bending down to grab a pan.

"Well, I did sleep for most of the day yesterday," he retorted, sighing.

"True. Want some eggs and bacon?"

"Duh!"

~

I'm almost finished cooking breakfast when George comes downstairs, rubbing his eyes sleepily.

Ooh, bacon.

"Hey George, good morning!" I greet, watching him eye the bacon sizzling in the pan.

"Mornin'," he responded, voice rough with sleep. "Is that bacon?" He asks, although he already knows the answer. I let out a soft chuckle, getting out a plate and putting the bacon on it.

"Yep. Here you go, share with Sapnap." I hand him the bacon plate, watching as a pretty smile spread across his features.

"Give me some of that!" Sapnap reached out for the bacon, George holding it just barely out of his reach. He teased Sap for a minute before I took the plate back, eating some of the bacon myself.

"Hey!" George exclaimed.

He's so tall.

"If you two are going to fight over it, then I get the bacon," I shrug, grinning. George and Sapnap look unamused. "Oh my god, just take some. Here."

"Much better," Sapnap nods, him and George both munching on their bacon.

"So, what do you want to do today? I figured we could go somewhere, if you guys are feeling up to it," I suggest. George nods slowly, chewing on his third piece of bacon thoughtfully.