Emotions

Ah hi sorry

I have returned

I'm quite busy and also quite sad, yk the daily mood

Previously…

"Oh, yeah, I'll be there in a minute… you go ahead, I'll be right there." George nods, going inside the house. I sigh, resting my forehead against the steering wheel. I feel so defeated. I thought everything was going well, but now I can't hear George's thoughts… does he not like me anymore? Am I that bad of a kisser?

Sighing, I get out of the car, locking it behind me and heading inside. I don't go upstairs to my room– no, George is there. I'll just sit on the couch for a little bit, figure out what I'm meant to do. I can figure this out.

Dream's P.O.V.

"Dream. Yo, Dream. Wake up, dumbass." I opened my eyes, squinting in confusion. I could faintly see Sapnap standing over me, his hand resting on my shoulder.

"Huh?" I mumble, sitting up and rubbing my eyes. "What's going on?"

"You tell me, man. You're the one sleeping on the couch," Sapnap pointed out. "Why aren't you upstairs with George right now?" My shoulders slump, falling into the back of the couch with a sigh.

"He hates me," I whisper, voice on the edge of breaking. "We kissed, and now he hates me."

"Wait, what? What do you mean he hates you?" Sap asked, puzzled.

"I can't hear his thoughts anymore, Sap," I explain sadly. He frowns, squinting in confusion.

"Are you sure?"

"'Am I sure'?" I huffed, slightly angry. "Uh, yeah Sap, I'm sure." Sapnap pressed his lips into a thin line, nodding slowly. I shouldn't have gotten angry at him, I know that, but I'm still upset about George. Sap will get over it, he knows I didn't mean to raise my voice.

"Right…" Sapnap trailed off, glancing to the side uncomfortably. We sat in silence for a moment before light footsteps were heard from upstairs, followed by George walking through the kitchen. He spotted Sapnap and I, grinning. I quickly turned away from him, feeling a wave of emotions hit me.

Fuck, George. Why did you do this?

Out of the corner of my eye, I can see Sapnap looking back and forth between George and I. He seems confused. I don't know what's so difficult for him to understand about the situation. George doesn't like me anymore, and it really fucking hurts. Simple.

"...I'm going to take a walk. Don't wait up for me," I mumble, standing up quickly and walking out of the house. On my way out I spare a glance at George, seeing the look on his face. Weird, he looks like he's been rejected. Maybe he just wants Sapnap to think things happened differently, that I was the one who broke his heart, instead of the other way around.

I scoff, shoving my hands in my pockets. My wallet is already in my pocket, but it seems I've left my phone at home. Great.

My stomach growls warningly, reminding me that I didn't have breakfast yet. Might as well get something to eat while I'm out. There's a nice café that's not too far…

~

I take a sip of my hot chocolate, sighing. I really wish I had remembered to grab my phone, because sitting here alone was pretty boring. I didn't want to sit any longer than I had to, so I took off the wrapper on the muffin I had bought, taking a large bite of the pastry. It was finished in a few more bites, so I quickly chugged the rest of my hot chocolate, thanking the employee behind the counter before leaving.

It was still fairly early, around 7 or 8 am. The streets weren't empty, but very thinly populated. I walked along the sidewalk, humming to myself. It was slightly chilly, a cool breeze blowing through the Florida air.

I shoved my hands back in my pockets, a light smile gracing my features. It was a nice day, at least for late winter. I would probably enjoy it more if George's rejection wasn't weighing me down.

I know I can't force somebody to like me, but I know he did. He liked me, and then he lost whatever feelings were there when we kissed. Just like back in high school, with Jamie. Am I really that bad of a kisser?

Or maybe it's something else about me? What could be so bad that it makes people lose feelings that quickly? Do I smell bad? Are my lips chapped? Or did neither of them want an emotional commitment?

I don't even know what to think. It hurts. It's like losing two people, because George is– was?– my best friend. At least with Jamie I still had my friends.

Ugh. I don't even want to think about it. I don't want to think about Jamie, I don't want to think about George, and I don't want to have to face Sapnap. But I can't just walk around town all day.

I kick a rock along the sidewalk, sighing. Without even thinking about it, I had walked most of the way back to my house. I would have to face them eventually… I'll go back inside and lock myself in my room for a nap. And I'll get my phone.

I approach my front door slowly, dreading confrontation. I turn the knob, swallowing thickly as I walked in. Immediately, I noticed Sap and George having a conversation, silence falling over the room as they both stopped to stare at me.

"Drea-"

"I'm going upstairs to take a nap," I interrupt quickly. Without waiting for a response, I head upstairs, closing the door to my room with a sigh of relief. This whole thing sucked. I wish I had just left it alone and pretended I was oblivious to the truth. It would've ended better than this.

I wish I had more motivation to write but whenever I want to write its bad timing 😓