Moonlight

Sorry in advance for all the time skips

This chapter is really long but also very interesting :)

Italic paragraphs are George's thoughts

CW: kissing

Previously...

George clears his throat. shrugging. "Yeah, that's fine," he responds, finishing his last bite of egg.

"Great!" Sapnap claps his hands together, grinning toothily. "Let's stream."

Dream's P.O.V.

Our stream had ended around four hours ago, and it was late afternoon. George, Sapnap, and I were all sitting on the couch, lazily watching tv. Sapnap tapped my shoulder, nodding determinedly. I gave a quick nod in response- it was time to put our plan into action.

"So, guys, I was thinking... maybe we should go somewhere tonight," I suggested.

"Where?" George asked quietly, stretching his legs out. He kicked me lightly, instantly pulling his legs back and tucking them close to his body.

Oops. Oh well, I don't think Dream minded.

"It's a surprise. So, are you guys in?" I wondered.

"Yeah, sure. Why not," George replied, shrugging.

"Man, I can't. I have other plans for tonight," Sapnap lied. We both knew he didn't have plans, and that he was just saying that so George and I would be alone. It was all part of the plan.

"That's cool, Sap. You'll be there in spirit." I shrug, smiling lightly. George tilted his head, raising an eyebrow slightly.

Kinda weird that Dream didn't even question it. Why does Sapnap have plans anyway? He doesn't live around here.

I cringed internally. George was right, we were doing a bad job at lying about tonight. Quickly, I discreetly signaled to Sap to continue with the plan.

"I'm gonna get a drink, you idiots want anything?" He asked, standing up and waiting expectantly.

"Just a water," George murmured. I glanced at him, nodding in agreement.

"Make that two waters. Thanks, Pandas!" I exclaimed. From the kitchen, I could hear Sapnap grumble under his breath. There was a brief clinking sound, and then he returned with a can of soda and two glass water bottles.

"Nice, thanks." I accept a water bottle, as does George. I open it with ease- I'm used to drinking from these bottles, after all- but George is struggling.

"Need some help?" I offer, eyeing his white knuckles. He shakes his head, eyebrows furrowed in determination as he desperately grasps at the bottle top.

There's a loud popping sound, then a surprised gasp- and when I look, I see George with his arms out, hoodie soaked with water. He's frozen in place, completely baffled by what had just happened.

What...

I'm a bit thrown off as well. George reluctantly tugs his hoodie up and over his head, discarding the wet clothing with a sigh. From beside me, Sapnap nudges my shoulder, pinching the fabric of my hoodie. I take the hint, pulling my hoodie over my head and offering it to George.