Hi, George

Bro I'm gonna finally finish this book

There's only like a chapter or two left of the story... after that I might extend it for some fluff but I also might not

TW: anxiety

Previously...

With the flight and hotel room booked, I was pretty much set. My passport is up-to-date, and I wouldn't be staying in England for too long anyway, so the legal stuff would be easy to take care of.

Really, the risky part would just be approaching George. He probably won't be too excited to see me, and I need to be prepared for that. I need to make sure this apology is genuine and heartfelt in order to fix this between us. I can't screw this up.

Dream's P.O.V.

I sat in an uncomfortable fabric chair, tapping my foot rhythmically. Around me, people chatted loudly, running across the scuffed tile floor. Babies cried, children screamed. Elderly people drove around in their motorized carts. It was chaos.

Yeah, I hated the airport. And planes. Normally, I wouldn't be up for this sort of thing, but for George... I could manage. He was worth it.

My flight was set to depart at noon. There wasn't much time left until I would be seated on a plane, flying up into the clouds. I typed away at my phone keyboard, sighing. I wouldn't have service for much longer, so I figured I would let Sapnap know that I was making things right.

Dream: hey, I'm going to fix things with George soon

sent 11:49 am

Sapnap: that's great man, good luck

sent 11:53 am

Dream: thanks, I'm kinda nervous about my flight lmao

sent 11:54 am

Sapnap: wait, ur flying to see him???

sent 11:54 am

Dream: yep

Dream: he won't answer my texts or calls so this is all I've got

Dream: plus this seems like a more genuine apology

sent 11:55 am

Sapnap: hopefully it works out!!

sent 11:55 am

Dream: hopefully

sent 11:56 am

"Flight 3179 to London, boarding now." I picked my head up, breath hitching in my throat. This was it. I guess I'm really going to fly across the ocean.

Boarding the plane was slow and boring, but eventually I was seated in an aisle seat, ready for takeoff.

Here I come, George.

~

It was a grueling nine hours, but the plane finally began to descend. Sucking in a breath, I gripped onto both arm rests, desperate for some sort of security during our landing. I hated heights, and this? This was awful.

I felt the center of gravity shift, and I closed my eyes. This was it. This was the end. I was going to die, and I would never make it to London and make up with George. Why did I think this was a good idea?

While I was trapped in my spiral of thoughts, the plane landed. I didn't realize it until the people sitting next to me tapped my shoulder asking to get out. I let out a long breath of relief, quickly standing up to let them pass.

I exited the plane as well, grabbing my carry-on bag and walking out into the airport. I claimed my luggage and hailed a taxi, pulling my phone out of my pocket to remember George's address. I told the driver where I was heading, and he drove me there. It was a short drive, so I handed him the only British money I had and thanked him before stepping out onto the England streets.

The air had a slight chill to it, something that, as a Floridian, I wasn't used to. I shivered, unzipping my luggage and grabbing a hoodie. Much better.

Taking a deep breath, I dragged my suitcase behind me, all the way up to George's front door. I held my fist up, hesitating. Was I really doing this?

I shook my head. I had to make things right with George. He deserved an apology, at least. I would like to give him more than that, though.

Letting out a slow breath, I knocked at the door, biting my lip anxiously as I waited for a response. After a few horrible seconds of suspense, the door opened, revealing a very wide-eyed George. He blinked rapidly, disbelief, confusion, and pain mixing to form his expression. I half-smiled, pressing my lips into a thin line.

"Hi, George."

ik it was short, but I really wanted to end on a cliffhanger cause I'm an asshole