Late

yay updates

currently on a car ride to my college so that's exciting

Previously...

"Right... sir, if you don't have a room here, I'm going to have to ask you to leave." I sniffle quietly, nodding.

"Sorry..." I back away from the door, letting my arms fall limply to my sides. I trudged down the hall, back to the elevator. It brought me back to the lobby, where I shuffled out to the exit and back to my car.

"Fuck..." I mumble, salty tears dripping off my chin. "I'm so sorry, George."

Dream's P.O.V.

He wasn't there. He left. Where would he have gone? I pick up my phone quickly, contemplating calling George directly, but deciding against it.

Dream: he wasn't at the hotel!!!
sent 12:49 pm

Sapnap: I'll text him
sent 12:50 pm

Sapnap: fuck, he's at the airport
sent 12:52 pm

Fuck, fuck, fuck! I drop my phone immediately, haphazardly starting my car and speeding away from the hotel. The airport wasn't too far. I could make it.

~

I'm almost at the airport... but I've hit traffic. It wouldn't delay me too much, but in this situation, every second counts. I don't know when his flight departs. For all I know, George could be there for another two hours. Or maybe he already left. Either way, I don't want to waste time.

Eventually, I make it to the airport, parking my car in front of the drop off zone. I don't hesitate to run inside, heading to the first help desk I find.

"Flights to London!" I gasp, out of breath from running. "Have any left?"

"Calm down, sir. I can check the flight status." The young man behind the counter typed at his computer, staring at the screen for a second before turning back. "One departed not too long ago. The next available flight is... four hours from now. We might be able to get you a seat, if you buy quickly."

"No..." My shoulders slump. The world seems to slow around me, a disgusting feeling of nausea washing through me. "George..."

"Sir, if you're done, could you please step aside so I can help the next person?" The man asked politely. I nodded dumbly, stumbling back. I moped back out to my car. I was too late. George had already left, on his way back to England. He would never want to talk to me again. I don't blame him.

I get back out to my car, noticing a parking ticket folded under my windshield wipers. Great.

I snatch the ticket, huffing as I get into my car and drive away. I just need to get away from this.

~

I make it back home without even thinking. I probably should've crashed, but somehow I made it back unscathed.

I step through the door, immediately noticing Sapnap. I feel numb and empty inside.

"Where's George?" Sapnap's brow furrows. Those two words are all it takes for me to break down entirely.

"I was too late!" I sob, emotional walls breaking down. "I'm so stupid! Why didn't I just listen?!" I collapse into Sapnap's arms, feeling his slight discomfort.

"Sorry, man."

"Please, I need to get George back. I- I love him!" I gasp, my tears soaking into Sapnap's shirt.

"Dream..." He sighed, pushing my shoulders back and pressing his lips into a thin line. "I'm sorry about George. Really, I am. But..." Sap trailed off, glancing to the side.

"But...?"

"I'm sorry. But you need to fix this. By yourself. I... I've already arranged to stay with Karl for a few days. While you sort this out with George." I felt the news pile up, devastation punching me in the gut.

"Oh..."

"I know it seems harsh, but you need to learn, alright? I'm still your friend, and I'm not trying to abandon you or anything, it's just that-"

"No, no, I get it," I interrupt. "You don't have to explain yourself. I... I was pretty awful to both of you," I admit. "I'm really sorry, Sapnap. You didn't deserve any of that."

"Thanks man. I appreciate that." He clapped his hand on my shoulder, offering up a grim smile. "Now fix things with George. He might not forgive you as easily, but I do think you can make things right with him." I nod fervently.

"I really hope so," I murmur. "I don't want to lose him. Ever." Sapnap nodded calmly, humming.

"I know. I believe you." He grabbed a bag from behind him. I hadn't even noticed that he was already packed and ready to leave. "Go fix things with George, Dream. Good luck."

"Thanks, Sap..." He pulls me into a hug, patting me on the back. "...Have fun with Karl..."

"Thanks. See you again soon, Dream. I believe in you." Sapnap waved, walking out the door where an Uber was waiting for him. I watched him go, feeling more tears threatening to fall. Both Sapnap and George were gone. And it was all my fault.

I needed to fix this. I won't lose my best friends forever.

I'm trying to actually write enough to hit the goals I set for myself (I just want to get this book into a place where the main story is over + write some oneshots)