Sunset

happy 5 year wattpadversary to me 🎉🎉

italic paragraphs are George's thoughts

Previously...

"Whatever is fine, it's gonna be pretty laidback. If either of you change your mind then just join, I'll call from the feral boys channel," he informed. George and I nodded.

"Sure thing, Sapnap."

Dream's P.O.V.

We had gotten home, and Sapnap had gone straight to streaming. George was sitting on the couch, scrolling through TikTok or Twitter or something. I sat down next to him, trying to figure out my next move.

I had a surprise for George, but I needed the right timing to give it to him. The moment had to be perfect– and maybe tonight would be a good option. The weather was predicted to be around 50°F (10°C), and then dip down into the 40s when it got dark. A little chilly, but still nice.

I sat down on the couch next to him, seeing him glance over and study my face for a moment before going back to scrolling.

I know his eyes are green, but they look yellowish. I bet he would look really nice with green eyes. I mean, he looks good with yellow eyes, but just imagine!

I stifled a laugh, looking at George and tilting my head.

"Hey Georgie!" I chirped. George rolled his eyes, shaking his head.

Ugh, he's so endearing.

"Don't call me that," George muttered, huffing softly. I wave it off dismissively, shaking my head.

"I was wondering if you'd like to go on a trip with me?"

"Oh, um... sure?" He agrees, looking very unsure of what he's agreeing to.

"Great!" I jump up, grinning. "Go grab a hoodie, make sure you're going to be warm enough!" I exclaim, heading toward the stairs to get a hoodie for myself.

"Wait, now?" George asks incredulously. "Dream, what?"

"Yes, now!" I laugh, bounding up the stairs. George is hot on my trail, following with a look of confusion on his face.

"But Sapnap's streaming!"

"I didn't say he was coming with us."

"But- I- what-" George sputters. "But he's Sapnap– we can't just leave him here!"

"Watch me," I reply, grinning. George looks unsure, so I speak softly. "He'll be fine. He's streaming, after all. I'll text him so he doesn't get confused."

"Okay... I guess."

"Great!" I clasp my hands together, smiling warmly. "Now hurry up, dress warm!"

~

George was in the car with me, staring out the window. We weren't going far, but walking would take too long. We had a bit of a time constraint, after all.

I pull into the parking lot of a local beach, sand crunching loudly under my tires. George squints, raising an eyebrow in confusion.

What is this? Why did he take me to a beach?

"Uh, Dream?" George spoke up, staring out at the beach warily. "Why are we here?"

"Relax, you're going to like this," I reassure. "We aren't going swimming or anything, don't worry." His shoulders lose a bit of tension. "C'mon, follow me."

George and I walk onto the sand, discarding our shoes and socks so they wouldn't get sandy. The beach is empty tonight, so we have some privacy.

We walk for a while, George's thoughts loud in my head.

Why are we here? And why did Dream only want me to go? Oh god, am I about to get murdered?

"George." His head shot up, looking at me nervously.

"Yeah?"

"Relax."

We walk a little further before I stop, staring up at the sky. The sun is just beginning to set, so it's a good place to stop.

"Here, let's sit," I encourage, dropping myself into the sand. I would worry about the mess later. George glances around, then hesitantly sits beside me.

"You're probably wondering why I brought you out here," I start, staring out at the horizon.

"Yeah..." I turn to him, looking at his brown eyes. There's a spark of nerves in his stare, and I want to calm him.

"I wanted to watch the sunset," I say simply. George tilts his head, nodding slowly.

I don't understand why I'm here. I'm colorblind, he knows that. Why would he take me to watch the sunset?

"Actually, I have a surprise for you too," I continue. George raises an eyebrow, silently telling me to continue. I reach into my hoodie pocket, pulling out a rectangular box. I hand it to George, smiling.

"Dream?" He accepts the box, brow furrowing in confusion. "What is this?"

"Open it, idiot," I wheeze gently. George carefully pulls the top off of the box, revealing neatly wrapped EnChroma glasses.

No way.

"Dream!" He screeches, eyes wide. "You didn't! Please tell me you didn't..." I just laugh, taking the glasses and gently putting them on George's face. He immediately shut his eyes, refusing to look.

"Open your eyes, Georgie," I encourage softly. He lets out a shaky laugh, shaking his head.

"Oh my god, I'm so nervous!"

"Here, ready? On the count of three." George sucks in a breath while I count. "One, two, three."

Woah.

His eyes are open now, staring at me. George examines my entire appearance, freezing when our eyes meet.

I was right. He's even more good-looking with green eyes.

I smile at him, admiring the excitement and wonder in his eyes.

He looks so good in full color. His skin has some... pink to it, I think. Or maybe red? And I absolutely adore his eyes. I'm so glad they were the first green thing I truly saw.

"George," I chuckle, snapping him out of his trance. "Do you want to watch the sunset?"

"Oh!" He turns quickly, now staring up at the sky. "Woah, what? It's so much more colorful than I expected."

"Yeah, right?" I smile. Now it's my turn to stare at him. George is looking up at the sky, eyes full of wonder and amazement. He looks so pretty in this light, soft rays of red and orange dancing across his skin.

"You look beautiful," I murmur. George's head whips around to face me, eyes wide with surprise.

"Oh, um, thank you..."

He thinks I'm beautiful?

"You look really good too. I think green really suits you," he adds, blushing lightly. "Thank you, Dream. This was really cool, and I still can't believe you got the colorblind glasses..." George smiles lightly, looking back up at the sky. The sunset is receding back towards the horizon, the sky darkening quickly.

"I'm glad you liked it. We should probably head back soon, though," I muse. "It's going to get colder." George nods, both of us standing up and brushing the sand off the best we could.

We get back to the car, stars appearing in the navy sky. George climbs in the passenger seat, closing his eyes with a sigh. I start the car, pulling out of the beach parking lot and heading back home.

Today was a good day. I wouldn't trade it for the world.

If only colorblind glasses actually fixed colorblindness (they only help distinguish colors a bit better, its not like an actual cure or anything)

So colorblind people will never truly experience colors as people with full color vision :')

If I just ruined your day, say aye ->