Home

last chapter??? thats crazy

CW: kissing

Previously...

"No problem," George hummed. He pulled away, glancing away for a moment. "We should really go inside..." I nodded sheepishly.

"Right. Do you want me to bring my stuff in too, or-"

"Yes," George cut me off, a light blush tinting his pale skin. "Come on in."

Dream's P.O.V.

It had been two months since I packed up and shipped myself across the Atlantic Ocean to apologize to George. Two months since the best decision I had ever made in my life.

After we came to an understanding, George and I quickly started dating. And it was amazing. We made a perfect pair, barely a hiccup in our relationship.

In fact, George was moving in with me. I know it seems soon, but we've known each other practically forever and we were just so in love that keeping us apart felt like a crime.

So George was coming to Florida.

"Dream?" George called, suitcase wheels rolling behind him. I smiled at him, ruffling his hair affectionately.

"Hi there, bubs. Have a good flight?" I wondered. George scoffed playfully, batting my hand away.

"It was fine, I guess. Better now that I'm actually here in Florida, with you," he admitted quietly. I wheezed, silently offering to take his suitcase.

"Agreed. Why don't I bring you home?" I suggest, emphasizing the home aspect of it. George grinned, nodding.

"Let's go home."

~

We arrived back at my house, stepping out onto the driveway. George hesitated for a moment, a flicker of uncertainty crossing his features.

"What's wrong, bubs?" I questioned, brows furrowing. George half-shrugged, glancing down at the asphalt. 

"I dunno... the last time we were here, things went horribly wrong..."

"And you're afraid it'll happen again?" I finish. George glanced up, nodding solemnly. "Oh..." I pull him into a hug, kissing the top of his head lovingly. "Don't worry about it, love. We're past that now, and we both know we can talk to each other." I tilt his chin up, making eye contact. "Right?"

"Right." The creases of worry in his forehead smoothed out, a soft smile gracing his features.

"God, you're beautiful," I murmured, entranced by my boyfriend. "I love you so much." George was red in the face, sputtering flusteredly.

"Dream!" He whined, leaning his forehead against my chest. "Stopppppp!"

"I love you, George. Won't you say it back?" I teased, knowing he wouldn't say it. George just groaned, pressing his face into my shirt.

"I hate you," he mumbled jokingly, shaking his head as he pulled away from me. "Can we just go inside now? I'm tired from my flight and I want to cuddle."

"Ooh, sleepy Gogy cuddles?" I gasp playfully, ushering him inside the house. "Say less!"

"Ugh," George grumbled, huffing. Despite his annoyed exterior, the hint of a smile tugging at his lips gave him away. "Let's just go to bed, you big idiot."

"Anything for you, my dear," I grin. George rolled his eyes, walking faster toward my– our bedroom. I followed him in, stopping in the doorway. George was already in bed, curled up under the covers. I joined him, crawling under the covers beside him and wrapping my arms around him.

"Hi," I greeted. George turned his head to glance at me, smiling.

"Hi," he replied softly."You're warm."

"Yeah?" I chuckled. "Thank you?"

"It's nice," he murmured. "I like this."

"I like this too." I kissed his ear lightly, pulling his curled form close against my chest. George just hummed in response, breathing slow and steady. He was on the verge of falling asleep, I could tell.

We were both at peace, a comfortable silence covering the room like a weighted blanket. It was perfect, and I think George could tell. He had fallen asleep; adorable snores escaping his lips.

I felt sleep's embrace, capable arms easily whisking me to unconsciousness. The world, at least for now, was just George and I. The two of us, curled up in bed together, in our home. Nothing more, nothing less.

And it was perfect.

I finally finished it!!!

the ending feels weird... oh well

make sure to vote and follow me!!! I hold votes about story ideas and other book-related topics, plus important announcements, so follow me to make sure you don't miss any of those!!

new book coming soon :3
(description to be posted on my profile in a day or two!!)