Something There?

I wrote this a few days ago and then forgot about it

whoops haha I forgot the recap

Previously...

We get back to the car, stars appearing in the navy sky. George climbs in the passenger seat, closing his eyes with a sigh. I start the car, pulling out of the beach parking lot and heading back home.

Today was a good day. I wouldn't trade it for the world.

Dream's P.O.V.

I pulled my car into the driveway, parking in front of my house. George has been asleep pretty much the whole drive, judging by the slow huffs of breath fogging up the passenger side window and the relative silence of his mind.

Chuckling to myself, I get out of the car, walking over to the passenger side door. Carefully, I open the door, holding George's side so he doesn't lean too far out of the car. I unbuckle his seatbelt quickly, picking him up bridal style and carrying him into the house.

Sapnap is waiting for us downstairs when I manage to open the door, doing my best not to jostle George too much. He gives me a look– one that says "I knew it"– and smirks. I roll my eyes, carrying George upstairs and gently putting him to bed.

Once George is in bed, I head back downstairs to deal with Sapnap. His arms are crossed and he's smiling widely when I see him.

"So, Dream, how was your date with George?" Sapnap questions, grinning teasingly.

"Shut up Sap, it wasn't a date," I insist. He raises an eyebrow, nodding.

"Mhm, sure. Whatever you need to tell yourself. We all know you're in love with George." I hesitate, and Sap's dopey grin turns more serious. "Seriously though, man, is there actually something there? Most people wouldn't carry their friend into the house," Sap points out. "I would've probably honked the horn to wake him up."

"...I don't know," I answer truthfully. Sapnap nods, humming.

"I think you do. Just an observation, but‐" Sapnap paused, chuckling lightly. "You're kinda a simp." I scoffed, rolling my eyes.

"Woooooww, okay Sap." I shake my head, sighing.

"If it makes you feel any better, I think George likes you too," he added.

"Oh, yeah, I know," I say offhandedly.

"You know?" Sapnap wonders, tilting his head curiously. I freeze. I'm an idiot.

"I don't know. Maybe. IDK."

"No, c'mon. Tell me! What happened?" Sap pries. "I'm both of your best friends, I think I deserve to know!" I sigh, shoulders slumping.

"Fine. But you can't tell anyone. Especially not George. Got it?" Sapnap nods excitedly, practically on the edge of his seat.

"I promise! Now spill."

I take a deep breath, sighing. I guess this was it. This could go one of two ways– most likely, Sapnap thinks it's all a joke and laughs at me. Or... he could think I'm crazy. Whatever, no backing out now.

"Well, ever since I was young, I've had this sort of... extra sense," I begin, watching Sapnap's curious expression. "Basically– and I swear this is true– I can read people's minds...?" It's phrased as more of a question than a statement.

Sapnap just stares at me, expression unreadable. He looks confused, like he's struggling to process what I've said. Finally, he speaks up.

"What am I thinking right now?" Sap quizzes, pointing a finger at my chest. I let out a nervous chuckle, shaking my head.

"I can't read your mind." I press my lips into a thin line. "It doesn't work like that." Sapnap crosses his arms, leaning back in his seat.

"Then explain it to me. You can't expect me to just know what you mean," he retorts. "I don't read minds."

"Right. Sorry, Sap, it's just... not easy." I sigh, pausing for a moment. "I can only read the minds of people who have a crush on me."

"And you can read George's mind?" Sapnap wonders. I nod. "Cool! What kinda things does he think about?" I feel my face get warm. Sap grins, chuckling.

"I guess that's an answer," he remarks. "And how do you feel about it?"

"I don't know!" I exclaim. "It's frustrating. I'm not like... in love with him or anything. But also..." I sigh. "...I'm not entirely against the idea of it. Of us."

"DNF is real!" Sap sings, grabbing his phone. "I gotta tell Karl and Quackity about this!"

"It's supposed to be a secret!"

"Relax, I won't tell them the mind-reading part. Just that you two are finally getting somewhere with the constant flirting!" Sapnap laughs, calling the other two boys to share his new gossip. I let out a soft breath of annoyance. I barely even recognize my own feelings toward George. I don't know. I'm tired. I'm going to bed.

Yawning, I trudge up the stairs, brushing my teeth in the bathroom before climbing into bed. George is still asleep, curled up in a ball. He looks effortlessly pretty, even in his sleep.

Yeah, I need to get some sleep. I lay my head down on the pillow and pull the sheets and blankets over me, sighing contently. George stirs in his sleep, rolling over and wrapping his arms around one of my arms. It's adorable. I need to sleep.

I push the hair out of George's face, smiling lightly as I fall asleep next to him. I'm so lucky to be in this position.

Im so tired of college and I haven't even gone yet

Anyways I have 8 hours of robotics tomorrow (Saturday) and I don't wanna go

Please let me stay in my room and waste away slowly pls+ty