Chapter 8: The Sprites (2/2)

Kylie, Whitney, and I had just finished packing up for the Hobbe Cave trip. So we said our farewells and went to the cave. The journey to the cave was a bit rough. We had no balverine troubles but there were a lot of bandits. We got some supplies with leather trousers for Kylie, bandit boots for Whitney, and 246 gold for me. I walked and only slept once the entire trip. The trip was two days.

So when we got there, Whitney yelled "We're alive!"

It echoed into the distance.

So then we drew our weapons and I said "Lets get Kylie's family back!"

"Thanks Lyllianna, this means a lot!"

"Call me Lylli."

So we headed in knowing that Whitney has never used a weapon before but of course, a few days ago, I hadn't either. The cave was surprisingly vacant. So we entered the room in the first hall with all of the bones with what looked to be... thigh meat.... around it, ew! So when we entered, there were only three kids there. Peter, Jonathan, and Ben. So I used my sword and broke the lock from one of the hanging cages and Kylie smashed the others.

Kylie then hugged them and said "Guys, where is Mia?"

"One of those mean sprites took her away. She said she wanted to test some solvent on her." Ben said.

"Oh no!" I yelled.

"What is it Lylli?"

"I heard the sprites talking about a solvent for the Hobbes. It will make it where Hobbes who have the solvent can make kids that they eat into Hobbes because the solvent mutates them."

"Oh god! If little Mia gets hurt or mutated, I will never forgive myself and personally make the one who hurt her face me as a living and walking hell. Avo would be asking for mercy!"

Then we hurried to the alter room. When we entered the room and Mia was floating in the air while the two sprites, one red and one blue, were chanting in an unknown tongue. Then I pulled out my bow and shot the blue one in the back.

It screeched and then began attacking us. Peter had taken Whitney's attire and fought with us while Ben and Jonathan protected and hide Whitney.

Then as the sprite floated in the air and Peter fought off the Hobbes she cast at him and I, she jumped of the ledge, almost two stories high, and beheaded the blue sprite. Then the red sprite stopped casting the spell on Mia and she hit the stone alter. Then the red sprite charged at Kylie and she dropped her steel great axe and the sprite began choking her. So Whitney escaped the two boy's grasp and hopped off the ledge. Then she picked up the axe and swung the axe at the sprite and killed it first hit.

Kylie fell to the ground and as she laid there on her hands and knees, grasping for air, she muttered "Thank you so much Whitney..."

"Anytime Kylie! And that was my first kill. Wow! It felt..... Weird..."

Then I walked over to them with Peter at my side and the other two behind me.

So when Peter held Mia in his arms, Kylie said "So what's next Lyllianna?"

"I'm.... No! We are going home."

"Where's home at?"

"Bowerstone."

Then we left our cave and headed to Bowerstone.