Chapter 18: Twinblade and Theresa

Kylie and I appeared in front of Twinblade's camp. There was a huge wall surrounding the camp and a bandit stood by the enterance.

So we walked up to him and when he saw us, he said "Hello, mate. You n' your friend can go in. Open up the gates!" He yelled to a guard above him and the gates opened. "By the way, you and ye' friend can change ye' clothing inside if ye' wish."

We walked in and saw all of the men. They were talking, drinking, and just going about casually.

"Kylie," I whispered. "They think we're men. So let's make.sure we act the part since we have gotten this far."

We walked down the path and were now in the center of the camp.

"Aye mate, how's it goin?" The bandit said walking up to us.

"How do we make it across the gate over there?" Kylie said in a low, manly tone.

"Ye' goin to need a bandit pass to get past those gates. I can give ye' one, but only if ye' give me five hundred gold pieces. We gotta deal, mate?"

I quickly grabbed my backup money pouch and handed it to him. Then he handed me the pass and walked off slowly.

"How did you get that?" Kylie whispered.

"I always have an extra pouch of gold and luckily, I only had five hundred gold at the moment. Pure luck I guess. Now let's get across that gate." I said as we walked up to the guard.

"You need two for both of ye' to pass."

So we turned around and a guy said "Hey mate, come 'ere."

I walked up to him and he said "I gotta bandit pass, mate. 500 gold for it."

I quickly stabbed him with my sword while Kylie covered his mouth. We took the pass and left his body in the small corner.

"Nice moves." Kylie whispered as we crossed through the gate.

We began walking towards the last gate when Kylie walked up to a bandit and said "Killian?"

"Kylie, what are you doing here dressed like a man?" He said confused. "They'll kill you."

"We need to get to Twinblade."

"You can't do it, he won't let many through. But I can help."

"How?"

"Just remember this, stay safe." He said as he ran off.

A few seconds later, he was being chased by all of the gate guards and the gate was unguarded.

"Dear Avo, this is our bloody chance!" Kylie said as we ran to the gate and slipped through the crowd of bandits until we started walking into a clearing. When we reached the end of it, we saw a woman staring into the distance.

"Th- Theresa? Is that you?" I said as I pulled down my bandana and Kylie followed.

"Yes I am, and I presume you're Lyllianna." She said turning around.

"How do you know tha- how can you see?"

"The eyes are not the only way to see, Lyllianna. Why are you here?" She asked me calmly.

"I'm here to talk to you. You probably don't know who I am. I'm your cousin. Your mother, Scarlet was bringing me to Oakvale for your birthday. But then she was ubducted by Jack of Blades."

"So it is true. Jack of Blades is back? This explains why she appeared during the raid, not before. So why are you here?" She asked curiously. "I can't seem to see it."

"I was told to give you this." I said as I took off my locket and handed it to her.

"Is this the Stone of Destruction?"

"Yes. Now what do-" I was interrupted by the feeling a large thump beam through the ground.

"Hold this for a second. My brother is here." Theresa said handing me the necklace.

She walked off.and then a man appeared in front of us and I stood in shock.

"Hello, Lyllianna. I see you've managed to survive the fire.. with my stone too. I'll take that now." He said reaching towards me.

When he reached for me, Kylie stood in between us and he used his magic to knock her out.

"Kylie!" I yelled as I reached down for her and he snagged the necklace.

He quickly flew off and when I woke Kylie up, I told her and Theresa the entire story. That was until my mark began hurting me and I passed out and hit my head on the ground.

A/N: Hey guys! It's been awhile since I updated this book so I thought that I would start to work on this again. By the way, I just finished Dragon Age: The Impossible 12 and now I'm coming back to this one! So what will happen next? Will Jack of Blades succeed on retrieving the sword? Will Lyllianna be killed by the Shadow Court? What will the Shadow Court tell Lylli next? Find out next chapter. Thanks!
~KurtDestin