Chapter 20: Finally Home

A Little Over 2 Years Later

I woke up to hear Talia giggling. I sat up and saw her and Phillippe eating chocolates and just having fun.

Then Phillippe sat beside me and said "Hello beautiful."

We kissed and I said "Hello."

Then Talia walked over to me and said "Mommy!"

I began holding her and I said "So Phillippe, have you killed anymore pirates? I didn't get you that bow for nothing."

"Not this week, but I'm really excelling in my archery."

"I know. Your at a hero level. You might of been able to join the Guild." I said as I have Talia to Phillippe and put on my body armor.

"Yeah. I haven't missed a shot in a little over a month! Talk about skill!" He said holding Talia tight "So are you still meeting up with Kylie today?"

"We meet up at the tavern here every month, of course I'm going. She's the closest thing I have to a sister and she is Talia's aunt." I said grabbing a sack of 300 gold.

"Okay, well I'm going to cook some red meat, tofu, and apple pie for dinner. Tell her to eat with us, Talia loves company." He said kissing me and I left the house.

I entered the tavern and Kylie said "Well bloody hell, if it isn't Lyllianna White." I swept her in a big hug and she said "So let's go over this again. How's life?"

"I don't go on very many quests anymore, I don't want Talia near that part of my life. Phillippe has been training in your specialty, archery. He is seriously improved since your last lesson with him. He has started shooting out ship captains that are delivering bandits to where Twinblade's Camp use to be. He wants to challenge you in an archery battle."

"I hope he knows I could out shoot everyone I've faced. I was at the top of the league in archery, I was also pretty well trained in close combat. I'm just not very good at my will abilities. So have you heard about your cousin, aka Chicken Chaser?" She said as the waitress put down two beers for us.

"Yeah!" I said taking a swig of the beer "I can't believe he won in the Arena! I got Phillippe to take me when Talia was a year old, but when I saw Jack up there, I had a panic attack."

"I can understand why. He is like your childhood tormentor. One more please!" She yelled.

Then before I could answer, I heard a voice I hadn't heard in 2 long years and it said: Hello Lyllianna. Your duties are not finished for as long as you exist. Jack has activated the sword and in two weeks, he will try to destroy the world. Then is when you will receive your punishment for your actions. Farewell...

"Oh my god." I muttered.

"What is it Lylli? We haven't even gotten our third beer yet!"

"I just received a message.. from the things who marked me." I said beginning to shake.

"What did they say?"

"That in two weeks, Jack of Blades will destroy the world and that's when I will receive my punishment."

"Punishment? For what?"

"For not giving the Stone to Theresa two years ago. What do I do?" I asked her worried.

"I'm going to stay with you until then. Meet your new roommate!" She said trying to comfort me.

We had our last couple of beers and headed back to the house. We ate and when I broke the news about the threat and Kylie's moving in, we all decided that if we stick together, we will be alright. I hope...

A/N: Hey guys! So nice chapter, huh? Talk about a two year skip! What do you think will happen next? Can Lylli, Kylie, Phillippe, and Talia survive the evil of the Shadow Court? Or will they all be doomed? Find out soon! Follow me for updates and to support my career, vote to give me a thumbs up on the chapter, comment your thoughts on the book or on these questions, and personal message me about questions and etc. Thanks!
~KurtDestin