Chapter 12: Training Part (2/3)

It's been 5 years since I came to the Guild. I'm now 14 with my hair usually pulled up in a ponytail. I always leave a braid in my hair whether it's up or down to remember where I come from too. I'm probably 5.3" and have perfected melee combat and I'm working on ranged combat. Peter has excelled in magic because of me beating him in melee combat and because Kylie stuck to ranged combat so the Guildmaster allowed him to practice lightning. Now I'm working on ranged combat, Kylie is working with magic and Peter is relearning melee combat. So I had just fixed up my bed and hurried out of the exit where you can see across the lake and all the way to the Guild Woods from this beautiful balcony. The lake water came from the lake over which the Bowersyone Bridge was over. I even heard people have started calling it Bower Lake but you don't hear much when your training in the Guild if you know what I mean. Then I walked down the stone staircase where people in robes identical to mine walked up and down daily. I saw the garden/memorial sight where these two guys would constantly fight over who was faster. Then I turned left and went over the bridge and up to the shooting range where a man in black robes stood because the Guildmaster was teaching Whisper and Chicken Chaser. The guy just earned an iron sword and a yew longbow.

Then the guy in the dark robes said "Are you this Lyllianna the Guildmaster was mentioning that I must train?"

"Yes sir."

"Okay. Your little friend Kylie really looks up to you. She said you were the only person she would trust completely with her own life and that doesn't happen very often. Now are ready to start our training?"

"Yes sir." I said as I pulled out my bow.

"Okay, first, try to hit that first dummy and then the second one, then last, the third one. You got that?"

"Yes sir."

Then I pulled an arrow from my quiver and pulled back the rough texture of my bow string. Then I released and it hit the dummy in the chest area. The second one hit the throat and the last arrow I shot hit the dummy straight in the head. Bullseye.

"Great job Lyllianna! Even though your suppose to hit it square in the chest, when you hit targets in the head, it can behead your enemy and kill it with ease. Great job today and I'm giving you the day off. Tomorrow we will just work on tactic skills."

"Yes and thank you sir!"

Then I walked into the kitchen where the cooking and cleaning supplies was. The lady who usually makes pies for Maze, the instructors, and the Guildmaster was panicking.

Then she noticed me and said "Hey, you! Will you help me out? It will be worth your while.

"What do you need ma'am?" I said politely.

"I need to make a blueberry pie for Maze because this is about the time of year blueberries are in season and Maze loved his blueberry pie. Will you help me out, please?"

"Sure."

"Where are the ingredients located that I need to get for you?"

"12 blueberries. There should be a few bushes out in the woods."

"I will be going now. I will be back in a little bit."

"Okay, thank you."

Then I left the building beside the archery ring and headed to the woods. I passed a few red cooking apples also. Then when I entered the woods I began looking around. Then I saw a blueberry bush. So I walked up and got 4 blueberries. "4 down, 8 to go" I kept repeating in my head. Then I kept walking and heard something happening up ahead. It was Maze. He was pacing up and down a small stretch of green grass.

Then I revealed myself and said "Oh, hey Maze!"

He turned around in shock and said "Lyllianna! You scared me half to death!"

"Sorry sir! Would you wish for me to leave?"

"No, I need to go back anyways. Have a nice day Lyllianna. And I'd watch your back if I were you."

Then he teleported off and I started walking around, searching for blueberries. Then I saw another bush. It had 2 blueberries. So I kept walking and walked up to a stream. On the edge of it where you would finally jump in was a blueberry bush. So I walked up too it and found 7 blueberries. So I thought "One extra, huh. That's not normal, oh well!" Then I popped one in my mouth and left the woods.

So I finally made it back to the pie lady and when she saw me, she busted out asking "Do you have the blueberries yet?!"

"Yeah, here they are." I said as I handed the blueberries to her.

"Thank you so much Lyllianna! Here, take this!" She said as she gave me a sack of money. "100 gold for saving me. Now I can make Maze's pie. Thanks again!"

Then I left the building and it was already dusk. So I went up to my room and went to sleep.