Chapter 13: Training Part (3/3)

It's the day of my graduation from the Guild. I'm 17 and have grown up a lot in the last 8 years. Every night remembering so many unbelievable things. Jack of Blades burning down part of Greatwood, being captured in a bandit clan, Amanda being stabbed by Elirva, being left by my family, everything. It happens over and over again in my mind. Wondering if I could of done something for them, for Scarlet, for me. I woke up the I wake up almost every morning. I'm the middle of my memory dream. So I got up and put in in a loose ponytail. Then I slapped on my robes where I always hid my locket that stayed around my neck. Then I hurried outside and went to the combat arena. I had to get Peter on the ground like I did when I came here.

So then I walked up to the guy in dark robes and said "You ready? If you get an A+, I will give you a special prize! What do ye' say?"

"Yes."

Then I went into the ring and drew my sword just as Peter had. Then he came at me. So I started blocking and when he tried a flourish, I rolled between his legs and he face planted into the ground. I had him at sword point.

"Amazing job Lyllianna! A+! Here is your prize!" He then handed me an iron katana.

Then I walked to the archery ring and the guy who was the mentor for this said "You ready? If you get an A+, I will give you a special prize! What do ye' say?"

"I'm ready!"

Then memories shot through my mind. Those are a couple of the last words I ever said to my mother. Then I snapped out of my mind stage and began shooting arrows at my targets.

A minute later, the guy in the robes yelled "Time!" Then he counted the arrows and said "Bloody hell! You got 342 points! A+! Best shootin' I've seen in this Guild! Now here is your prize."

He handed me a yew crossbow. Then I hurried over to the Will combat arena.

So I walked across a few stones and a guy said "You ready? If you get an A+, I will give you a special prize! What do ye' say?"

"Just tell me when to start! Um, sir."

Then he nodded at me and I began using my lightning abilities.

So after a minute, he yelled "Time! 102, that's a record! A+ Lyllianna! Here is your prize!"

Then he handed me a resurrection vial and I ran into the Guildmaster's favorite place, the map room.

"Guildmaster, where do I go for my final test?"

"Maze is in his quarters. He said that's where the test will be held."

"Thank you."

Then I left the map room and hurried up to his quarters.

When I entered, he said "Welcome Lyllianna. You have come so far since I saw you outside the Guild. You and your two friends made history. First apprentices to ever graduate early. Your old friends Whisper and that young lad graduate in 4 years. And here you are. Now let's get started. Hit me 5 times with your sword, if you can."

Then I came at him and struck him. One, block, block, two, three, block, four, and five.

"Stop. Good job. Now shoot me."

Then I drew my bow back and shot him. Once, twice, now three times. Then he shot one back at me. So I jumped out of the way and shot him two more times. Once in the air and the other when I landed.

"Good. Now hit me with lightning, but not too close."

Then I struck him 5 quick yet separate times.

"Done. Congratulations Lyllianna, you have officially graduated. Now go down and talk to the Guildmaster. Maybe you can go play in the woods!"

So I ran down the stairway and into the map room.

He was standing where he always stood, so I said "Guildmaster, may I go play in the woods?"

"Sure. Peter is out there and Kylie is still testing. Have fun, after all, graduation is tomorrow."

Then I went through the library, into the courtyard passage, walked past Maze's tower/quarters, walked across the bridge, past the combat and archery areas, and into the Guild woods entrance. When I entered, I saw Peter sitting in front of the stream. On the small part of the land where the soil was dry, yet wet. He was throwing stones in the water. So I walked up and sat down beside him. The moment I sat down, he turned his face toward me.

"Oh, it's just you! I was worried for that split second."

"Yeah, just me."

"That's not what I meant."

"I know. I also know I'm not some girl who calls herself ugly. I've been called ugly my whole life because I'm not like everyone else. I don't act like them, I don't dress like them, I'm not, them! I'm just myself, Lyllianna October-Marie White."

"Your not terrible because your different."

"Everyone else begs to differ! My own mom told me I wasn't good enough to...."

Peter kissed me. His soft lips met mine. It lasted about 10 seconds and then we slowly pulled away.

"I've wanted to do that since the day I met you."

"I..."

"Lyllianna, I like you a lot. Please, just, just tell me how you feel!"

"I..... I can't...."

Then I hopped up and ran out of the Guild Woods with tears rolling down my porcelain smooth skin. Then I ran into my sleeping quarters and cried myself to sleep. When I woke up the next morning, I got up and was allowed to wear whatever I felt like for graduation. So I looked in my chest and saw a dress I had sewed in my spare time. The pie woman, who was named Maria apparently, taught me how when I would do errands for her. That's how I learned. She taught me how and I told her that that could be my payment. It was a black corset at the to with flowing fabric to my feet. I also wore black boots that she gave me for my ceremony to blend in with my dress. So I put on my clothes and my locket hung from my neck. So I walked out and into the The Chamber of Fate which is where the ceremony was being held. Kylie in a red dress that I made and Peter wore his Guild Robes. I stood in between Kylie and as awkward as it was, Peter. Then everyone got into position and began the ceremony.

"Let the apprentices approach. "He said as we stepped forth, "For many years now have you worked hard to earn yourselves the title of hero. Today the apprenticeship ends and you go out into the world to do great deeds. Deeds that will bring you the gratitude of thousands, or strike fear into their hearts. These are dark times. The shadows of Albion are stirring, and strange winds are blowing. Your choices, whether they lead you down the path of good or evil, will change the face of the world. Now take your Guild seals and venture into the world as heroes."

Then applauding rang through the Chamber of Fate as the three of us took our Guild seals and bowed to the people of the Guild.