Chapter 14: Welcome Back to Bowerstone

So then Peter, Kylie, and I exited the Chamber of Fate and went our collect our stuff. So I opened my chest and saw it. My old armor. Luckily, over the years, I have customized, upgraded, and fitted it for when this day came. So I put on my new and improved armor. The upper part of my armor was a red top inlined with chainmail that I colored red to blend in. Then I had a broiled leather jacket with two compartments that I put my customized daggers in. My lower body consisted of regular non colored chainmail. Then I had the black boots Maria decided to allow me to keeping boots (says the note I found on my bed). I wore black chainmail gloves and didn't wear headgear. I put my hair in a side braid and put two bobby pins in it to hold it like I did when I was younger. Then I hopped up and saw Kylie in an assassin outfit. Peter wore a villager outfit and his hair was just the standard cut. Kylie left her hair down with it down to her mid back. So we all grouped up again and walked into the map room.

"It's time for you three to leave us and start making a difference. But you all are still very much part of the Guild. On the map table you shall find details of any quests the people of Albion wish Heroes to perform. And you'll need to return often to focus all your experience into new skills. Only by doing this regularly will you advance as Heroes. Now if you will step into the light one by one, I will show you how this works..." The Guildmaster said pointing towards this little room with an arched entrance and a light coming from the floor.

First Peter went in, then Kylie, and then I went in.

So when I walked out, I asked "So we can learn new skills by using out experience orbs that we gain from defeating things?"

"Yes. There's little else for me to teach you, but I will always be around to offer you guidance. And your Guild Seals shall allow me to communicate with you at all times. You all will also notice it flashing when you have enough experience to spend. I have given you a basic pack of supplies which has been added with the rest of your stuff. It should be enough to last you awhile. And now, there's a whole world for you to explore!" He said as he opened the door for us to be ready to fight and protect Albion.

So we walked outside and I looked up at the sun. Feeling the beams of the warmth hitting my skin just wasn't the same as it was in the Guild. Out here it felt so... free! So much... like home...

"We made it! Can you believe it?!" Kylie said smiling and spreading out her arms to embrace the atmosphere around her.

"Yeah, and I was talking to Whisper also! Apparently they are graduating in 9 months! Can you believe it?!" Peter said happily.

"I'll be 18 in 9 months! And Peter, you'll be 20! And you'll be 18 too Kylie!" I said astonished.

"Well what do you guys think we should do now?" Peter asked as he sat at a bench by the statue pointing towards Greatwood.

"I want to go see Mia and the others in Bowerstone. I have missed them so much since we left and I want to make sure that they are okay." Kylie said walking towards Bowerstone.

"And I need to see if my parents have come back to get me!"

Then we ran down the hill and had just gotten to the gates of Bowerstone. So we opened the gates and the first person I saw was Robert because he was on the gate patrol.

"Hello and welcome to... By Avo's grace, Lylli!" He said hugging me. Then he released me and said "And I can't forget Peter and Kylie. Well now let's get down to business. No weapons while you're in Bowerstone. We are a 'peaceful' town. You must leave them up here while you are in Bowerstone and may get them back when you leave." he said taking our weapons and setting them on racks which he just tagged a note too that spelt our names.

"How are the others?" Peter asked.

"They are great. They are all out of school and are working now but they still live in my house. They even started paying me monthly rent!"

"Where do they work?" Kylie said biting her lip.

"Johnathan and Ben are crate carriers while Mia and Whitney are barmaids. They get paid good though!"

"Can we head over to your place and wait for them? I really want to surprise them!" Kylie said hoping that he would make her surprise hope a reality.

"Sure, go ahead!" He said handing her the key.

So then we hurried back to Robert's house and when the others got home, we had the best night we had had since I was back home with my parents.a