Chapter 13

THIRD PERSON'S POV

Mina's eyes widened in shock when she heard those from Y/N's mouth.

She thought that Y/N will be mad at her because of what she did but Y/N acted like nothing happened at all.

She can't stop stealing glances at Y/N who's busy taking down notes.

Her once calm and relaxed mind got invaded by questions of why Y/N is being kind to her.

The Y/N that she knew was rude and cold, but why is the Y/N in front of her nice and friendly?

'I shouldn't expect too much, she's probably just being nice because we're partners.'

Y/N's POV

After writing down a good amount of important things to review, we went to the cafeteria and ordered food for ourselves.

I could hear the students in the cafeteria whispering but Mina and I chose to ignore them.

I didn't notice that I sat on the chair in front of Mina again, just like what happened in the amusement park.

She eats so elegantly...

The peaceful atmosphere between Mina and I got interrupted by Hirai Momo who suddenly sat with us while eating her jokbal.

The both of them talked to each other in Japanese slightly making me feel out of place, but I didn't care.

The only thing that matters to me is that I'm filling my stomach with some delicious food.

After I finished eating, I drank some water and stood up which caught the attention of the two Japanese.

"I'll go now," I said in a cold voice and fixed my uniform.

"W-What about our review?" Mina asked as she looked at me, waiting for a response.

I knew that she was going to ask me that so I placed a pink sticky note on her notebook which has the answer to her question written on it.

'Meet me at the rooftop after class hours.'

Momo gave Mina a knowing glance causing the latter to roll her eyes, I just shrugged it off.

Momo is probably fooling around.

I left the cafeteria and went to the rooftop to start my own review because my partner is not here.

I sighed as a thought came into my mind.

What if I fail my exams because I will not be in class in the next couple of days?

An idea suddenly popped up in my head.

Mina and I can just split up the topics and review them by ourselves. We'll just have an exam by the end of the week to make sure if both of us understood the topics.

This strategy will allow both of us to attend class again.

And it will allow me to not have a reason to be around her too much.

Mina's POV

I'm currently studying some topics here at the SSG Office with Jihyo who is busy with her paper works because I don't want the latter's efforts on excusing us to our teachers to go to waste.

"I wonder why Y/N did those things to you." She suddenly said which caught my attention.

I gave her a confused look as she rested her chin on the both of her palms.

"She's being weird..." Jihyo said.

Yeah, I also noticed.

"And?" I calmly stated as if I'm not weirded out as well.

"Y/N is an impatient person. Normally, she would've interrupted your conversation with Momo because the both of you need to review, but she just told you to meet her in the rooftop as if she doesn't want to interrupt." Jihyo explained.

"It's obvious that she's not the type of person to invite you or care if she's interrupting you or not. She's rude to you, remember? She doesn't even see you as a friend. Is she perhaps warming up to you?" Jihyo added.

I froze as a warm feeling erupted in my chest.

What was that?

"This is probably author-nim's fault, Jihyo-yah," I said jokingly and we both chuckled.

Just make sure to give us a happy ending, author-nim. Or else I will hack into your bank account and use all of your money to buy jokbal for Momo." Jihyo sternly said while smirking.

*Author-nim gulps*

I giggled before continuing my review.

I reviewed until class hours ended. I fixed my stuff and rushed to the rooftop because Y/N said to meet me there.

Once I arrived, I saw her laying on a bench with her face being covered by an opened notebook.

Eh? She's sleeping?

I slowly removed the notebook from her face and carefully placed it down beside her without making a noise.

I looked at her face and was about to poke her cheeks but I heard her snoring softly causing me to hold back my laughter.

She's so cute.

I unconsciously watched her sleep and started to observe her facial features making me gulp.

My mind is telling me to stop staring at her, but I found myself caught in a trance.

I can't take my eyes off of Y/N even if I try to.

Her pointed nose...

Her soft lips...

Her eyes are so beautiful even if it's closed...

Y/N is truly a work of art. Every single detail about her is so perfect that you can't help but be mesmerized.

She is also a genius, causing her to be everyone's ideal type.

Well, I couldn't blame them for it.

She's the total package.

I was staring at her and didn't even realize that our faces are only three inches apart.

Her head slowly faced my direction while she's still sleeping, causing my chin to brush onto her cheek due to our closeness.

My eyes widened as I forced myself to pull away from her.

I could hear the pounding of my heart.

I placed my hand on my chest as if I'm attempting to calm it down.

That was too close..." I murmured with a thundering heart.