Chapter 33

Y/N'S POV

I sighed heavily as I opened the door and was about to go upstairs when a manly voice interrupted me, making me freeze for a moment.

"You didn't tell me that... you're a representative," he started as he put down his phone and turned around to see me.

Shit, did Irene not tell him?

"If Ms. Lee didn't greet me, I might not have known," he added.

I remained silent, thinking it was Irene.

I really thought that girl already dropped me...

"Don't you have a voice to speak?" He sarcastically said, crossing his arms while looking at me.

I sighed and looked at him coldly.

"I'm going upstairs," I plainly said and was about to go, but he stopped me.

"I'm talking to you, and you're leaving?" He said as he stood up and approached me.

The heck...

He combed my hair using his fingers and fixed my collar while smiling, making me confused.

What's gotten into him?

"Call your sister down, we're going to eat," he said as he patted my head lightly, leaving me even more puzzled.

I watched his direction as he walked to the dining room until he was out of sight.

I reached my room and remained curious about what Dad had done to me. After changing my clothes, I called Irene in her room.

She greeted me with a hug and congratulated me as she opened the door.

I just smiled in response.

I really wanted to ask her something about Dad's recent actions towards me, but I didn't notice that we were already in the dining room.

While eating...

"How is it? Is it delicious?" my mom asked as she looked at our reactions.

Eh? Did she cook this? Wow...

"Yes, indeed!" Irene commented after taking a bite of it.

Mommy smiled, while Daddy just grinned as he ate. Then, she turned her head and looked at me, waiting for my comment.

"U-uh, yeah..." I replied, cursing myself for stuttering.

"Nice, because that's really for you." Mom said, which surprised me mentally.

Is this a miracle or another attempt to convince me of something?

I just nodded and continued eating, not minding them.

"Wow! Mommy is so good... she even cooked for you yehey!!!" Irene said, making Mom laugh, but Dad looked confused.

"What kind of language is that, Irene? It doesn't sound professional..." Daddy blurted out, making Irene shut up.

"S-sorry Dad..." She said as she looked down and dug into her food.

"It's fine, just don't do it again. And you, Y/n..." He said, looking at me.

What is he going to say now...

"Make sure that until the end, you're still in the highest rank so we won't have a hard time getting you into SMU..." He said, making me groan mentally.

"But Dad... I don't want to be a doctor, I want to be-" He cut me off by slamming the table, making us flinch.

"I don't care, I want you to be a doctor like your sister, is that clear?" He sternly said while looking at me deeply. Meanwhile, Mommy chose to remain silent.