Chapter 32

MINA'S POV

"Ms. Myoui..." Ms. Lee called me, making me turn my head.

"Yes, Ma'am?" I responded quickly and locked my phone.

"After you've picked up our take-out food, please wait in the van right away, okay?" Ms. Lee said, leaving me confused.

"How about you?" I asked.

"Don't worry ~ I'll be back. I'll just buy some medicine at the corner for my Lola. She needs it." She said, and I just nodded as she immediately went out.

Then, while I'm waiting here and playing on my phone, suddenly I felt someone sitting in front of me, facing me, which made me look up.

"Shit..." I whispered to myself as my brows furrowed.

"What are you doing here, Jimin?" I asked him, trying not to stutter.

THIRD PERSON POV

"What are you doing here, Jimin?" Mina asked emotionless, trying hard to act.

He just chuckled and looked at Mina deeply, which made the latter avoid eye contact and gulp.

"Why are you asking me like that? This is a public place, right?" he said, grinning and looking like a maniac to Mina.

She just ignored him and waited for the order until she felt a grip on her hand, causing her eyes to widen.

"What ar-" Mina was cut off because of Jimin's grip.

"Mina..." he said sweetly, making Mina look at him.

"Don't be like this, okay? I know-" Jimin was cut off when Mina finally removed his hand from hers.

Then, coincidentally, Mina was called, giving her a reason to leave Jimin.

Meanwhile...

"Seriously? Why are they taking so long?" Y/n muttered irritably to herself. She was about to open the van door when someone else opened it first.

"Oh, Ms. Lee, you're here," she said, sighing in relief while closing her eyes.

"Yeah, I bought some meds for my grandmother... uhm, where's Ms. Myoui?" Ms. Lee asked, making Y/n force her eyes open.

"I thought you're with her, Ma'am?" Y/n stuttered, feeling a sense of unease.

"No, I left her in the restaurant for a moment-" Ms. Lee didn't continue speaking as Y/n rushed to go into the restaurant.

"I don't like this feeling..." Y/n said while running.

Y/N'S POV

I automatically stopped running when I saw Jimin blocking Mina's way to the exit of the restaurant.

I groaned in frustration, facepalming, and wasted no time rushing into the restaurant.

I immediately opened the exit glass door, causing Jimin to bump into it and groan as he massaged his head.

"What's your problem, Jimin?" I sternly said as I held Mina's hand, pulling her closer to me.

I saw the fear etched on Mina's face as I looked directly into her eyes.

"My problem? Of course, it's you. Is that even a question?" Jimin said with a smirk.

This guy is really full of bullsh*t. He won't leave the penguin alone.

He's so obsessed, damn it.

"Mina, go back to the van. I'll handle this." I commanded, but she just looked at me with deep concern.

"How about you—" I cut her off by pushing my index finger to her lips.

"Just go." I commanded firmly, and eventually, she followed me and left my presence.

And now...

I'm going to talk to this psychopath.

"If I were you, you'd stop bothering Mina..." I warned him, but he just laughed at me.

"You're crazy..." I mumbled, but he heard it clearly, so he stopped laughing.

"Don't act like she's your girlfriend, because she's not." Jimin said as he walked towards me.

If he has been observing our actions for a long time, then he probably knows.

I can't keep pretending to be her girlfriend forever just to protect her from anyone.

I don't know why I'm doing this to Mina, but I can only say one thing.

My cold treatment towards my one and only rival penguin is getting warmer, and I don't like it. I'm thankful that this day is ending, and I won't have to see this annoying person anymore.

"So?" I replied nonsensically.

"Oh, see? I told you! HAHAHAHA." he said while laughing deviously.

I clicked my tongue as I crossed my arms and looked at him coldly.

"Why are you stopping her from liking me, huh? Who are you to do that?" He said, which made my brows furrow.

This guy has a sense of arrogance...

"What a fool, don't assume...you're not her type." I said with an emotionless reaction.

"But if I were you...I'd stop if you don't want someone to come here and hurt you." I said deeply as I left him by the entrance glass door of the restaurant.

I didn't bother to speak to him anymore; he's just pointless.

After that, I just kept silent in the van and chose not to speak, causing both Ms. Lee and Mina to become curious.

I felt like she was just looking at me, hoping that I might glance at her, but I resisted the urge to speak.

I don't know, I completely lost my mood along with a multitude of questions in my mind about why I did those things for her.

Imagine, I hate her, but what? I defended her against that psychopath so she wouldn't get hurt.

What is happening to me?

Honestly, I don't know.