Chapter 38

Y/N'S POV

As the sun rises, I immediately wake up to the sound of my phone alarms.

I hiss as I feel a severe headache and walk weakly to my bathroom, still massaging my temple. Suddenly, I vomit, and after that, I wash my mouth and hiss with a frowning expression flashing on my face.

What the heck is happening to me?

...

I fix my necktie, including my collar, as I look in the mirror. I'm still sleepy, and my head still hurts.

As I comb my hair, I hear someone knocking on my door.

"Ms. Y/n!" The maid calls me.

"Come in." I respond.

As she enters my room, I see her holding a tray with soup and a glass of water. She places it on my study table and looks at me through the reflection of the mirror.

"The porridge, Ms. Irene said you should finish it. After that, take the medicine to completely get rid of your hangover," she explains and bows to me.

Hangover?

Don't tell me...

Before she leaves my room, I say 'wait,' making her stop and turn around to look at me.

"Yes, Ms. Y/n?" She asks me, flashing her smile.

I look at her, making eye contact. I want to confirm if it's true. She speaks first to me before I do it to her.

"If it's about what happened last night, I can explain it to you quickly so you won't be late for your class.." She says as she intertwines her palms together.

Wow, how did she know what I'm thinking right now?

I nod and eat the porridge while waiting for her to explain.

"You were drunk last night together with Ms. Irene-" She pauses when she hears me coughing, and she hands me a glass of water, which I quickly accept.

What the heck? I can't believe it. How did that girl manage to force me to drink?

"Are you okay, Ms. Y/n?" She asks me, and I nod in response.

"Continue.." I command as she nods, while I continue eating since I'm really hungry.

"So, you were both drunk, then someone accompanied both of you, which is Ms. Myoui, and I'm very thankful after she did that to you... but I'm still nervous that your parents might find out about what happened, maybe-" I gesture for her to stop when I hear something.

"What did you say? Ms. M-Myoui?" I ask for some clarification.

"Yup, Ms. Myoui..." The maid nods.

"As in, MS. MYOUI MINA?" I ask her again just to make sure if it's clear.

"Yes, Ms. Bae, if you don't want to believe, I can describe her..." She stated, and I just nodded.

"She has a mole on her upper lip and nose." Hmm... check.

"Beautiful eyes..." Check, wait—what? But she's right, she has beautiful eyes.

"Pointed nose and a gummy smile..."Okay, I believe now.

"Thank you for explaining; you may go." I said emotionlessly as she just bowed and left my room.

I sigh again and take my medicine after finishing eating.

Did she do that for real? But why? How did she know?

Since I have only 30 minutes before my class starts, my driver accompanied me to school so I won't be late.

While I'm on my way, my phone vibrates, and as I take a look at the screen, Irene-ssi is calling.

I answered it.

"How dare you—" she cut me off with her chuckles.

Irene: Wow ~ is that how you greet your most beautiful sister this early in the morning? Shouldn't it be "good morning?"

My brows furrowed, and I took a deep sigh.

"I never thought you'd force me into something like that, you're so annoying!" I half-shouted, noticing that the driver was startled.

"Look at me, Irene-ssi." I said deeply, as if she's in front of me. "I look like a mess, sleepy and I can't remember anything, that's bullshit." I frowned and looked out the window.

I heard her laughing, making me annoyed. "Stop, it's not funny." I sternly said.

Irene: Come on! It's okay, don't freak out, that's normal.

"Do you think I'm okay?" I protested.

Irene: I know you're not, but have you taken your medicine?

"Yeah, thanks for your concern." I replied.

Irene: I should be the one thanking you since you accompanied me to drink despite what I'm going through. At least, you experienced being drunk with me...

I sighed heavily, and the car stopped, indicating that I'm already here in front of our school.

The driver opened the door for me as I continued talking to Irene. I grabbed my backpack and walked with other students on the way to the school entrance.

Where are they? It's supposed to be Jihyo and Chaeyoung checking our IDs, but never mind, maybe they're busy right now.

Irene: I hope you get well soon. See you later. Bye!

"Bye." I shortly replied and hung up as I fully entered the gate entrance.

"Good morning, Y/n." Jin greets me, he's the one who's on guard today.

I just look at him coldly as I pass by, and I notice his nervousness.

We're not very close, so why would I greet him? Even though we talked a little before, I'm still not in the mood to greet people back.

I quickly go to my locker to get my stuff and immediately head to our classroom.