Chapter 40

Y/N'S POV

ROOFTOP. Since this one is insistent, there's no choice but to bring her here. But before anything else, we informed the others that we're going 'somewhere'.

I noticed that they were curious, but since what we're going to discuss is somewhat private, it's better for them not to know. Fortunately, Dubu was able to convince them; otherwise, it would have been a constant teasing session for sure.

DAHYUN'S POV

CURIOSITY, that's the first thing that came to my mind when Y/n entered the classroom.

Everyone knows she acts that way, but if you really know her and are very close to her, you can read and understand the meaning behind her actions.

So here I am, finding the right time, and she brought me here to the rooftop for a private conversation.

We're sitting on a bench, feeling the breeze.

"So..." I started and looked at her.

She's staring out of nowhere while crossing her arms, including her legs.

Deep thoughts, I guess?

"What happened last night?" I continue as she slowly turns around and looks at me with her emotionless expression.

I heard her heaved sigh before explaining what happened last night.

While explaining, all I did was nod and listen to what she was saying.

I didn't expect that a beautiful being like Irene-ssi would be broken-hearted.

Take note: A lovely soul with a kind heart, yet wounded.

But the worst part is, I never expected that Irene-ssi would force Y/n to drink.

Maybe she had no choice but to support her sister since their family dinner didn't go well either.

I just remembered it now; she went out because something unpleasant happened again.

In the end, Y/n ended up drinking unexpectedly, and it happened that one of them got broken.

"Well, do you have any more questions?" she asked, interrupting my thoughts.

I looked at her as I rested my chin on my palm.

Thinking, of course.

I clicked my tongue as a question popped up in my mind.

"How about during the celebration? Why didn't you go?" I asked.

"I told you, I didn't know anything, why do you keep repeating?" she asked me irritably.

I chuckled a bit, making her brows furrow even more.

"Your answer isn't valid, that's why I asked you again..." I said as she avoided my gaze and sighed.

I found it weird, actually.

"What answer do you want me to say?" she asked coldly without looking at me.

"Honest answer..." I said with seriousness.

Upon arriving at the school campus after the quiz bee, something strange suddenly bothered her, and that's what I want to find out now.

"I was in a daze, okay? I don't even remember you telling me anything then..." She said with her deep voice.

She seems serious.

"Why were you in a daze? Did something bad happen while you were at Konkuk University with Mina? Tell me what happened there because you're acting suspicious..." I bombarded her with my full concern.