Chapter 34

Y/N'S POV

Upon Irene-ssi's arrival, she immediately bombarded me with questions about why I went out without informing her, not to think about Dad, and so on.

And because I was getting annoyed with her chatter, I quickly pressed my index finger against her lips, making her stop talking.

"You're talking a lot." I coldly said, removing my finger from her lips.

"Well, I'm your older sister! It's only natural for me to be concerned about you," she protested and promptly placed an order at the counter.

I decided to tag along since my coffee was almost finished.

After she got her ordered coffee, it's like I wasn't in my right mind as I narrated to her what Dahyun said about the celebration, avoiding the topic of my recent argument with Dad.

"Why didn't you go anyway?" She asked after taking a sip of her coffee while I was on my second cup.

"Not in the mood" was my only response to her.

"Just say you didn't want to go because she's there, right?" she asked, making me confused.

"Ha?" I responded, taking another sip from my coffee.

"Sis, I'm not dumb not to know... I know you hate her." Irene paused and looked at me.

"I know you hate Mina," she added, making my eyes widen.

"Haisst, you're really so nosy." I said, making her pout.

"Hey, I'm not, it's not like that. Dahyun just spilled it out at the wrong time." Irene stated.

Dahyun, too, is quite a handful, her mouth is so loud, damn it.

"Don't be angry with her, and besides, I know the reason why you hate her." Irene added.

I just looked at her and sighed as I took another sip of my coffee.

"But for now, it seems like it's not the same." She said, and I looked up, making eye contact.

"What do you mean by that?" I asked her, resting my chin on both my palms.

"It's just that your eyes are starting to show emotions..." She answered, making my brows furrow.

"What do you think I am? A robot withno emotions? I'm human too, I get hurt-" she cut me off by pressing her index finger to my lips.

"Ohh ohh, ohh, don't cry ~ you're so dramatic tsk!" She complained and removed her finger from mine.

"You started this, and now you want to stop me? Well, that doesn't seem right, does it?" I protested, making her chuckle.

I held my coffee cup as I took another sip.

"Can you be honest with me?" She asked me.

I hummed as I continued sipping my coffee.

"Do you...like her, perhaps?" She added, almost choking me from drinking.

I put it down and immediately wiped my lips using the tissue, staring at her while she just gave me a peace sign.

"Why did you ask?" I questioned her, still staring though...

"Your eyes—they seem to twinkle when you're with her," she answered.

What?

"And besides... the old Y/n that I knew is coming back... and it looks like it's because of her," she added, making me freeze for a while.

I avoided her gaze and chuckled.

"Me? That's impossible, Irene-ssi... don't expect that because, anytime soon, the old me that you're hoping for won't come back," I said, making her keep looking at me.

"I've been changed too much by my experiences," I added, gazing outside.

As the silence envelops us, the sad music starts playing in the coffee shop.

Why do I feel like every second of this day is getting weirder and weirder?

"Do you want to drink something?" Irene bluntly asked, breaking the silence.

My brows furrowed as I looked at her, confused.

"Are you serious, Irene?" I asked her in return.

I glanced at my coffee cup and sighed when it was already empty.

Gone so quickly? It emptied out so fast, darn it.

"Yeah, do I look like I'm kidding? Huh?" she said and took a sip of her coffee.

"But I don't want to vomit or get a headache—" she cut me off.

"Stop being overdramatic, we're not getting drunk. We'll just drink, D-R-I-N-K," she said, emphasizing the last word with hand gestures.

"But we still have class tomorrow," I stated.

She glared at me, leaving me confused.

"You're so annoying. I said we're not getting drunk," she said sternly, making me gulp suddenly.

I had no choice but to agree. Besides, I'm sure there's a reason why she suddenly craved alcohol.

She wants to open up to me.