Prologue

[ this part is optional to read ! So if you want you can just skip ahead to chapter 1 :) ]
——

I wake up to the faint sound of talking, but as I slowly regain consciousness and open my eyes I see nothing but darkness? I tried to move around but my space was limited, so instead I listened in on the talking.

"...and when I woke up, I was inside that locker.." a female voice said

"Same with me...were we kidnapped by the same people?" There seemed to be 2 people in the room now, this ones voice seemed to be more masculine. The talking went on for a bit, I wanted to stay hidden but I was getting claustrophobic so I ended up pushing my way out.

My face was met with the dirty cold floor as the talking stopped.

"Whoa ?! Another one ?" The male said. I lift up my head to see these people. The guy was dressed in all black, with a hat. His hair seemed to be a blueish-grey, I also noticed he has some pretty long eyelashes. The girl was blonde and seemed to be in a navy blue school uniform, she also had some hair accessories that looked piano themed. They both seemed nice !

The blonde helped me up as I dusted off my clothes, I was also wearing a uniform but I have no idea how I got here.

"Hello! I'm Kaede Akamatsu and that's Shuichi Saihara, you are...?" She kindly asked me

"Oh um me? I'm Y/n L/n..." I said awkwardly. I started to get nervous with both of them looking at me

"Do you know how I got here? In that locker..?" I ask

"No..Shuichi and I have no memory of how we got here either" Kaede responded. I sighed as my mind started to wonder.

Were we all kidnapped? What if they're lying to me? Are there other people here? Who brought me here?

"Hey, let's just get out of here as fast as we can and find some help!" The Kaede suggested

"Yeah, good idea." I respond, Shuichi nods in agreement.

Kaede attempted to open the door but it wouldn't open, so we all tried to open it with all our strength. As soon as it opened, we were met with this giant machine.

"Hell yeah! Found you!" The machine spoke??? Was there someone inside?

"A monster!?" Shuichi panicked. The machine started cheering and laughing, it was kinda creepy.

"We should get out of here, quickly !" I say, but as soon as I suggested that, the machine started telling us to wait repeatedly. I start running, not taking any chances but when I notice the other two weren't following I quickly shout for them.

"Kaede, Shuichi ! Over here !" They both turned to me and started catching up.

As we ran aimlessly through the halls, the machine kept chasing us.

"Ah, geez! What are those things!?—" Kaede was cut off by Shuichi

"Hey look there's a door here! C'mon !" We both followed him into the room and we were met with a bunch of other students.

"Ohhh... more people have arrived." One of them said. I look around to all of the people.

Who are they? Were they kidnapped too...?

"Did you all get chased by that monster, too!?" Someone asked.

"Oh, yeah..." kaede answered, I nod my head in agreement with her. Chatter soon filled the room. People questioning where they were and what those machines are.

"Who are you guys..? And why am I here—" Kaede shouted but was cut off by someone else.

"And that makes 17."