Chapter 17

I woke up to the sound of the Monokubs' morning announcement, although I was half asleep so I couldn't make out what they were saying.

Getting out of bed, I noticed there was something on the nightstand. It looked like some sort of Monopad, but it's not.

'When did this even get here?' I thought. Picking up the unknown object, "Kubs Pad" was written on the back. Curiosity had gotten the best of me, and I touched the screen to see a video had started playing.

"Y/n L/n's Motive Video!" Was written in bold on the screen, and a familiar voice started speaking.

"Alright! Back by popular demand, it's time for the motive video! Who's the most important person in your life? And now, without further ado... Y/n L/n, the Ultimate Fire Dancer.."

My eyes suddenly widened as the screen displayed a picture of me and another girl (or boy! You can decide ofc but I'm gonna go with a girl). She seemed so familiar, yet I can't remember who she is?

"This young girl was born with a very unique gift, despite it being a dangerous one, she continues to strive and work non stop to maintain the title of the Ultimate Fire Dancer. Our team has managed to score an exclusive interview with her best friend! Aka, her Fire Dancing partner. She (or he) says that she misses training with her dancing partner, but hopes that Y/n can succeed! But don't just take my word for it! Let's hear it straight from the source!"

The screen turned black for a moment, and when it lit back up, the same girl that was with me in the picture before appeared again.

"Y/n and I have been best friends for years! Although she was always better at Fire Dancing than I was, she still accepted me to be her partner. And ever since then, we always preformed together.  Well...kind of..I do hope that one day, we can dance and preform together again, but for now...I hope she's doing well without me as her partner.." The girl had spoken with a bright smile, but there was a hint of sadness evident in her voice.

"Her only wish...is for Y/n to succeed without her. Will Y/n be able to fulfill her best friend's wish? Ah yes, one more thing..." the familiar voice of Monokuma spoke again, taking a few seconds before continuing his sentence. "Shortly after this interview wrapped, this young girl suffered an unfortunate accident during one of her shows. What kinda accident? It's a secret! Find out for yourself. Puhuhuhu..."

The video was finally over, and memories of who that girl was came trickling in.

*flashback time..!*

"Fire dancing? That's a cool profession! Aren't you excited to preform in front of other people?"

"...No.. I've never liked crowds! And especially now that I'm going to be preforming alone...I'll be a total mess! What if I mess up on stage!? Everyone will think I'm a loser!" I cried as my best friend brought me into a hug.

"Hey, hey! Don't cry. I'm sure you'll do just fine! Not everyone has the gift to Fire Dance—"

"Can you fire dance with me..?" I asked, pulling away from the hug and waited for her answer.

"Y/n...I can't fire dance... unlike you, I don't have any talent, and you know that! You have a chance at becoming an ultimate studen—"

"Then I'll teach you! It'll take some time...but I can't do this without your help. So please... please become a fire dancer with me!" There was a pause before she spoke up again.

"Fine...I'll help you. I'll help my best friend become the Ultimate Fire Dancer!" We both smiled and then went to my dancing studio, where I started to teach her how to use the equipment.