Chapter 3

At this point I've lost count on how many ultimates I've met. But I kept looking just in case. I decided to go down to the basement and see if anyone would be there, preceding with caution I look around the area. As usual, most doors were locked but this one. I walked in, the scent of old dusty books everywhere. Guess this is the library, huh? I must've not seen it at first, but there was a girl there too. She had long brown hair that was styled in two ponytails, and was wearing a red school uniform. I decided to go talk to her.

"Uh, hello!" I say cheerfully. She seemed....mad? No, maybe..sad? Or just upset....needless to say she wasn't in a good mood. "You're an ultimate student too, right?"

"Yeah, that's right." Then she just avoided eye contact.

"I'm Y/n L/n, The ultimate Fire Dancer ." I say, attempting to start conversation to lift this awkward feeling. "And you?"

"Maki Harukawa..... Ultimate Child Caregiver..." she seemed hesitant to say her talent. I was a bit confused, she doesn't seem like someone that's good with kids. But then again, I won't judge.

"...Surprised? I don't look like someone who'd like kids, do I?" It's like she read my mind...

"Well—"

"You'd be right. I don't like kids that much." She cut me off before I could even say another word.

"Then...Children must like you a lot, right...?"

"Kids are....weird. They come to me on their own. I'm not that good at taking care of them...I'm not that friendly, either..."

"Ah, well...I agree! I don't rlly like kids either, they're just...annoying. But I bet you're nice!"

"I....doubt that." She started to play with her hair as she looked to the floor.

"Don't say that, I know I'm right, you probably just need to get a closer bond with people and then you'll see how you start to warm up to them !" I smile at her before speaking again, "anyway, it was nice meeting you, Maki! Hope we can become friends, hehe." I wave to her as I walk away, she waved back.

As I was walking back I notice there was a place that opened that I couldn't previously go into, so I decided to check it out. It looked like the entrance hall but I doubt the door would be open. I still walked somewhat close to it just to see if there were any traps.

"Worrying about that isn't necessary. I have already examined the doors." A tall male spoke up. As I turned around to see him, I immediately notice his golden yellow eyes. And his mask covering his mouth down to his neck. He had pretty long hair and was wearing a hat.

"You wonder, "who is this?" Yes...I shall make this clear first. My name is Korekiyo Shinguji... I am called The Ultimate Anthropologist." As he introduced himself he stared directly at me. The eye contact made me nervous.

"Oh, Anthropology? I don't really know what that is..haha...but it sounds cool! I'm Y/n L/n, the Ultimate Fire Dancer btw"

"Would you like a simple explanation, then?" He offered

"Yess" I say, interested.

"Anthropology...studies customs, legends, folk tales, songs, and much more. There may even be customs in your daily life, the origins of which you do not know. For example...certain aspects of birthday or new year celebrations. Anthropology sheds light on tradition and customs such as these through rigorous analysis. It is a study that examines the thought behind culture, faith, and customs." He seemed very passionate about anthropology.

"Ah, okay. I get it now! Sounds fun" I smile a bit, I really did find it interesting, his voice was also soothing. And he was pretty.

"Well of course it's fun, it is a study focused on humanity. I believe...that human beings are creatures who posses infinite beauty. I find all aspects of humanity—even the ugly parts—to be beautiful." He paused for a bit before speaking again. "Our present situation is rather...intriguing. I can't believe I've already found one beauty."

"Huh? What's the beauty you've found already!?"

"Well, it is you. Kehehe... I find you very beautiful, Y/n. And your ultimate is interesting as well. I hope maybe one day, I can see a performance of yours." As he said that I could feel the heat rise up in my cheeks. I knew I was getting redder by the second. But I still found it a little weird, I only JUST met this guy and he's ...flirting with me..?

"Ohh, uhhh...ahaha...thank you, Kiyo." I said awkwardly. I quickly panicked, trying to find how to change the topic. "Anywayyy....we can go outside if we just go through these doors, right?"

"You should find the answers to such questions on your own...The moment your hopes are shattered...That, too...may be beautiful..."

Aside from being hot, this guy is kinda weird...I walked up to the doors and opened them to be greeted with..a pretty normal outside. The only thing is....it was surrounded in...a cage..!? Maybe a wall?! A sudden feeing of both disappointment and sadness ran throughout my body.

Right...I should've expected this. If we were kidnapped for a reason, I'm pretty sure they wouldn't have let us escape that easily. My though was interrupted when I heard the Monokubs arrive. They rambled on about how we basically have no chance of escaping through the cage and then left. It start to make me overthink a little. The thought of not being able to escape at all had finally set in my mind..I didn't notice that I started to shake.

"Yo, are you okay?" A guy with weird spiky purple hair spoke up to me. I lift my head up to face him

"I'm..okay." I say a bit unsure, avoiding eye contact. I decide to introduce myself. "Thanks for asking though. I'm Y/n L/n. The Ultimate Fire Dancer, and you?"

"I'm Kaito Momota, Luminary of the Stars! Even crying children adore the Ultimate Astronaut."

"Woah, I've always found space pretty. That's cool"

"I know right" he laughed a bit. "I haven't actually gone to space yet, I'm still in training."

"Oh, I see." Kaito then talked a bit more about himself and after a few minutes, I left and came across the dormitory.

In there, I met Kirumi Tojo. Aka the Ultimate maid. She was extremely nice and we had a nice conversation. And as I continued to explore around the area I also met the rest of the students. Gonta Gokuhara, the Ultimate Entomologist. And Angie Yonaga, the Ultimate Artist.

Right after talking with Angie, there was a bell, and the Monokubs showed up on the monitors. They told everyone to make their ways to the gym. I was a little worried about that. Why would they want us all there...?

——

A/n
I'm sorry this chapter is so short! I've been busy with school work all day yesterday and today as well. So this chapter was written in a rush. Next chapter will be out soon ! Ty for the reads <3