Chapter 1

I wake up to the faint sound of talking, but as I slowly regain consciousness and open my eyes I see nothing but darkness? I tried to move around but my space was limited, so instead I listened in on the talking.

"...and when I woke up, I was inside that locker.." a female voice said

"Same with me...were we kidnapped by the same people?" There seemed to be 2 people in the room now, this ones voice seemed to be more masculine. The talking went on for a bit, I wanted to stay hidden but I was getting claustrophobic so I ended up pushing my way out.

My face was met with the dirty cold floor as the talking stopped.

"Whoa ?! Another one ?" The male said. I lift up my head to see these people. The guy was dressed in all black, with a hat. His hair seemed to be a blueish-grey, I also noticed he has some pretty long eyelashes. The girl was blonde and seemed to be in a pink vest & skirt, with a backpack on, she also had some hair accessories that looked piano themed. They both seemed nice !

The blonde helped me up as I dusted off my clothes, I was wearing this very short black and red crop top.. it was almost like a bra. And with that I wore a low waisted black skirt. I also have a small red and black chocker with another regular necklace.

"Hello! I'm Kaede Akamatsu and that's Shuichi Saihara, you are...?" She kindly asked me

"Oh um me? I'm Y/n L/n..." I said awkwardly. I started to get nervous with both of them looking at me

"But uh...we need to stay calm. Oh! "Gymnopédie No. 1" by Erik Satie. Try to imagine that sorrowful melody filling your head and soothing your heart—" she was interrupted by a bunch of small bears..?

"Rise and shine, Ursine!" A red bear spoke

"Aaaaaaahhhhhh!!!" Kaede and I yelled

"A teddy bear?" Shuichi said

"No, it's a monster! You can freak out about this!" Kaede panicked

"That's so mean...you humans are the real monsters for calling us monsters!" The red bear pouted

"Although, if we are monsters, at least we're pretty monsters." A pink bear said

"I agree. I'm glad I was born with these looks. I definitely win the genetic lottery."

"What are they? Why are they talking? Aren't they just....stuffed animals?" I ask

"We're not Monokubs! We're the stuffed animals!" A blue bear spoke up

"Psst, Monokid...you're saying your lines backwards." A yellow bear said

"No stuffed animals, us! The Monokubs, them!" Monokid yelled.

"Oh geez, it's even worse now..." the yellow bear replied.

"...huh? Monokubs?" Kaede spoke.

"Oh! You've heard of us!?" The pink bear said surprised.

"No, of course not! I've never seen walking, talking stuffed animals!" Kaede answered. But right when she said that the Monokubs looked to each other and started cheering

"Yayyyy! It worked!" The red one yelled

"Phew! Had me worried there for a second!" Monokid added

"Hey, worried about what? I don't understand what's going on." I say.

"Alright now, let's tackle each issue one at a time!"

"You're so damn reliable, Monotaro!" Monokid said, I assume referring to the red kub.