Chapter 2

As we keep on walking, we come across another door. We thought it wouldn't open like the rest but to our surprise, it did. And when we stepped in, there seemed to be two other new people we have yet to meet.

"Ah, a dining hall?" I say

"I guess so, makes this place feel more like a school!" Kaede answers. We decide to walk over to this one girl first. She has long green hair that seems to be in two ponytails (?). She had green eyes and was wearing this blue outfit. She looked pretty cool to me!

"HAAAAAAIYAAAAAAHHH!!!!"

"Huh!?" Kaede panicked

"I'm yelling so I can build up my spirit energy! Don't you know you can unlock your brain's full potential by yelling to build up spirit energy!? The girl yelled

"Ah, I've heard that pro athletes do that. It's supposed to help you focus..." Shuichi chimed in

"I must be prepared for combat at all times, just in case someone tries to attack me! I will protect myself with Neo-Aikido!" The girl put her hands up in defence,

"Aikido? Then, you're—" I was cut off by her speaking again

"Oh, yes! I'm Tenko Chabashira! HAIYAHH!! The Ultimate Aikido Master!" She spoke proudly

"Woahhh!! An Aikido Master!? That's so cool! I've always imagined aikido masters to be huge, burly guys, but you're so cute!" I saw in awe,

"C-Cute!?" Tenko got flustered all of a sudden and looked away. "aaah...sstop iit....I....I'm not...cute...My face crinkles when I suck down a shake...And when I wipe my face, my eyelids turn inside-out."

"Oh umm, I see....we'll I think you're cute. Right, Kaede?" I ask, turning to the blonde.

"Yeah totally!" She replied. Shuichi just stood there awkwardly beside us. After a slight pause, Shuichi spoke up.

"Ah, by the way...what is this Neo-Aikido you mentioned?" He asks

"Neo-Aikido is an original form of aikido that my master and I completely made up ourselves!"

Ooo, so her aikido is all self-taught !

Tenko and I talked a bit more about her aikido, hopefully she considers me a friend now..! Moving on, Shuichi suggested we go talk to the other girl in the room. And so I told Tenko i'd talk to her later, and we all walked to the other girl. She was wearing a witch hat, and she has short red hair.

"Nyeeeh...So are we stuck here?" The short girl asked

"Yeah...that's what it looks like..." kaede responds, a hint of sadness in her voice, not for long though. "But don't be scared, I'm sure we'll be out of this place in a jiffy!"

"I'm...not scared. It's just a pain. Something like this won't make me panic. Cuz...I'm a mage."

"A mage?"

"Hm...that's right. I haven't told you guys yet. Prepare to be amazed. Fall to your knees. I am Himiko Yumeno, the Ultimate Mage." Her voice sounded kind of blunt and...boring. Not much emotion. There was a long awkward pause after she introduced herself. Then she spoke up again. "But...I'm officially called the Ultimate Magician."

"Ohhh, so you're a magician. You should've said that from the start." I say. "I mean, it makes sense though. Since magic doesn't exist." But instantly when I said that, himiko's whole expression changed into a sad one. I started to feel bad. Maybe I shouldn't have said that..

"Nyeeeeh...magic does exist. Because...I am a mage."

"You're just a magician, right..?" I ask

"Only on paper...I'm known as a magician, but that's just a ruse. I am actually...a mage."