Chapter 14

On my way to my dorm, I encountered Shuichi, he seemed to be on his way to Kaede's ultimate lab.

"Hm...Shuichi? Why are you going to Kaede's lab..?" I ask him quietly

"Oh... I just wanted to visit...in memory of Kaede." He replied, avoiding eye contact. I couldn't help but feel bad for him, they seemed to get close in the short time we had here. I can't even imagine how I'd feel if I ever lost Tenko..or maybe even Kokichi, even if he can be annoying.

"Ah, I see. Are you sure you're alright? I know it must be har—"

"I'm okay." His voice got shaky and he looked down to the floor. I was about to leave but I saw him crying. "O-Oh...um sorry.." he tried to hide his tears from me but I just hugged him.

"It'll be okay. I know you two were close, I'm sorry." I could feel his body tense at my sudden action, but soon enough he relaxed and hugged back.

I don't like seeing others sad, it makes me sad. I'd do anything I can to make them feel better, but I'm not the best at comforting. It was a nice moment...until a certain someone decided to show up.

"Heyy! So you hug him and not me? Wow y/n, I'm heartbroken!" It was none other than, Kokichi. At the sound of his voice I broke out of the hug.

"Wh—Kokichi?! What are you doing here.." I ask

"I could ask you the same thing, but that's not the point. I'm heartbroken, did you not hear me!?" The male exaggerated

"Um..okay? Also it's none of your business, I was just leaving anyway." I turn back to Shuichi, waving him goodbye and then walking to my original destination.

"But I wanna knowww!" Kokichi ran after me.

"I was just comforting him, he seemed to be going through it. That's all, can you leave me alone now?" I respond in annoyance. I was tired and wanted to sleep, Kokichi was making my head hurt.

"But you never comfort me when I cry,"

"Cuz I can tell your tears are fake. I'm not that gullible, I can see through your lies."

"Ohhhhh really?~ great! I guess I'll just have to keep lying until you fall for one of them!~"

"Mhmm, suree." I say sarcastically

We ended up walking all the way back to the dorms together, we said goodnight and went to bed.

——

It was the next morning. Getting out of bed was a struggle as usual, but I made it. I headed to the dining hall, seeing some others on my way there.

"Heya Y/n!" Tenko greeted me

"Morning, Tenko" I respond with a smile

"Yeah! Like someone try to hide writing in grass! Weird, right!?" I hear another conversation from across the room and decide to listen in. Some others were walking into the dining hall too as we were talking.

"Hmmm... Atua says it's just graffiti. Nyahahaha! Now we don't gotta worry about it anymore!"

"What's up with you guys? Are you still talking about that graffiti? Whatever...I brought Shuichi, so let's start breakfast already." Kaito entered with Shuichi and the room fell quiet.

"Good morning..." Shuichi greeted, I'm guessing everyone was so surprised because he wasn't wearing his hat today.

"You finally got rid of that emo hat! Is this cuz Kaede died or whatever?" Kokichi shouted

"Quiet, you male! Learn some manners, why don't you!?" Tenko yelled at Kokichi, I laughed at their arguing.

"Oh, huh, you're not wearing your hat. I didn't even notice." Kaito said