Chapter 12

Sorry for not updating for the last couple of days, I was super busy and going through some writers block (still kinda am but wtv) also ty for all the reads !! <3
| this chapter was very rushed so sorry for any mistakes |

——

We were given the Monokuma file, which supposedly had all the info about the victim.

The victim: Rantaro Amami
Ultimate Talent: ???
The victim's body was discovered in the library.
Estimated time of death is 9:10 p.m.
The victim was subjected to blunt force trauma to the back of the skull. Resulting in cranial fractures and immediate death. No other injuries were found.

The room was dead silent as everyone read the file. I picked my head up and noticed just about everyone had a sad expression on their face. The realization that we were all in a killing game was starting to finally settle in on us. To think that one of us in this room killed Rantaro... it was so... surreal. Words can't even describe how much I wish I wasn't in this situation.

"Rantaro...is really dead." Tsumugi broke the silence. Shifting everyone attention away from the file.

"This is...the mastermind's fault... The mastermind killed Rantaro..." Kaede spoke quietly

"....Mastermind? I'm sorry, what are we talking about?" Keebo asked

"Kaede, please explain what's going on.. in detail." I say. Kaede then began to explain everything, with Shuichi joining in to help.

"Ah, so that's what happened. I hoped you guys would at least tell me you were planning that.." I was a bit disappointed. Since Me, Kaede and Shuichi all met at the same time, why did they just exclude me from their plan? I guess they trusted each other more..

"Sorry, it's just you were always with kokichi—" Kaede looked guilty, while Shuichi didn't even dare to speak.

"So you used those cameras I modified for this bullshit?!" Miu shouted

"But, why keep this from all of us?" Kaito asked

"Because theres a possibility that one of us is the mastermind. They probably didn't want us to start fighting over who it was." I respond, Kaede and Shuichi nodded in agreement.

"But if there are cameras, won't this case be solved really easily? Aw maaan, that's so boring!" Kokichi pouted

"Your amusement is the least of our concerns! We need to check the cameras right now!" Tenko said, slightly raising her voice.

We all agreed and Shuichi went to go get the cameras. Once he came back, Monophanie appeared and offered to develop the cameras for us so we can focus on the investigation. Ignoring Kaede's and Shuichi's protests to not take the cameras, she took them anyways and left.

"Awww, there she goes." Angie said

"No... that was important evidence." Kaede looked down to the floor, disappointed

"I'm sorry...I..was being careless." Shuichi pulled down his hat just enough to cover his face.

"Hey, don't worry. She said she'll give the photos back and she said she had to follow the rules, so I don't think the evidence will be destroyed." I tried to comfort the both them. The small sound of chatter started to fill the room, replacing the silence.

"Before we start, I'd like to suggest that we not investigate by ourselves." Kirumi spoke up

"Huh? Why?" Gonta asked

"If we let the culprit work by themselves, they might try and destroy evidence, right?" I answer

"Oh, you're right... since the culprit is one of us..." Tsumugi added. Soon after she finished speaking, people started getting in pairs, and I felt a hand on my shoulder.