Chapter 5

I didn't know what to think of all this. Killing each other? Who in the right mind would even want to do that.

Monokuma and his kubs left and my monopad started to ring. But not just mine, everyone else's too. I took mine out and there was a message on the screen. I scanned through it and it was basically just going over what Monokuma said already.

Students must live at the Ultimate Academy for the remainder of their foreseeable future. Once a murder takes place, all surviving students must participate in a class trial. If the blackened is exposed during the class trial, they alone will be executed. However if the blackened is not exposed, all remaining students will be executed. If the blackened survives the class trial, they will graduate and re-enter the outside world.

The killing game and class trials will continue until only 2 surviving students remain. "Nighttime" is from 10 p.m. to 8 a.m. The dining hall and gym are off-limits at night.

Violence towards Monokuma is strictly prohibited. Monokuma will never directly commit a murder. Do not damage your Monopads, they are very important. The body discovery announced will play when 3 or more students discover a body.

"You....gotta be kidding me..." kaede let out a frustrated sigh.

"I do not understand why someone...would force us to do this?" Kirumi said

"But the rules are pretty cut and dry. This game doesn't seem like it'll be boring" Kokichi rested his arms behind his head

"That's not the problem!" Tenko shouted

"Please lower your voice. It is ruining the atmosphere." Korekiyo said calmly.

"Q-Quit screwing around...Killing game...School Regulations... To hell with all that crap! Who'd go along with something like that!?" Kaito smashed his fists together then picked up his Monopad as if to smash it on the ground.

"Woah wait, don't do that." I say, catching his attention before he could destroy it. "School rules say you can't break it. And if you violate the rules...the exisals will dispose of you.."

"I don't care about the rules! No way I'm gonna play this messed up game!"

"This isn't about "playing" the game. It's too dangerous to disobey him now." Rantaro added, he had a slight smirk on his face.

"Forget about him! Just means one less dumbass for the world to deal with!" Miu shouted from across the room

"Hey! Who you callin' a dumbass!?" Kaito yelled back

"Oh my god can you guys just stop fighting!!" I screamed, making sure they all heard me. The room fell quite as I could feel everyone's gaze on me now. "We shouldn't be fighting each other right now. Even though we don't know eachother that well, we need to work together to survive..."

"I agree with Y/n! We must remember who the real enemy is! Master told me that strength must always be aimed in the proper direction" Tenko agreed

"Should we all look for another exit? Together..?" Kaede suggested

"But...we looked all over that wall and there wasn't a single hole." Tsumugi seemed disappointed

"Now wait a second. If there's no opening in the wall, then how did we get inside these walls in the first place?" Keebo mentioned

"That's a good point" I say. "So that means there must be an opening somewhere."

"Oh, wait!" Gonta got all our attention as he continued speaking. "Gonta find manhole earlier. In grass, behind school building. Gonta peek in. See big, underground passage. Think maybe it exit...Sorry. Is probably not so simple."